Worried CW DC Shows May Go Away!

I still feel bad for the guy who won that and never got his show produced. :frowning:

Sorry, off-topic. Carry on.

3 Likes

CW is still ordering pilots for Arrowverse shows (hey there Diggle!) so I imagine there’s either an expectation they’ll still have a home on the network after the sale (if it even happens) or that HBO Max will become the home for all DC TV content.

I’m ready for Flash to end (as much as I liked Armageddon) and even Legends which remains one of my favourites is probably nearing a conclusion. Naomi has a big name behind it in Ava Duvernay and Superman & Lois is a critical hit so I expect both would be safe. Batwoman has had a tough go of it (losing its lead after one season, having to rework season two to introduce Ryan) and faces the most competition because of the sheer number of Batman related projects out there (Titans, the Gotham Knights show in development, The Batman, Batgirl, the Gotham PD spin-off) but I’m hopeful WB sticks by it because it’s really great.

Maybe but shows were greenlit for DC Universe that never got made once DCU was shut down. My guess is if (and again IF) new owners come in and cancel everything the shows greenlit that were not made will mostly be cancelled. Some might survive but if they move them to another network then they have to cancel something else to make room.

1 Like

According to their web page which I can’t post the internet link for (since I am guessing that I don’t have DC Universe Infinite forum Dev permission to paste the internet website address links). Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America’s largest local television and media company with 199 full power stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of U.S. television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar’s platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices.

1 Like

I talked to him on Twitter back after he won to congratulate him and tell him how much I loved the concept. They had actually built some of the set and were in production when COVID happened and shut everything down. That was that, unfortunately. That would be a fun weekly game show on HBO Max and I wish he had gotten to actually see it made.

2 Likes

I just wanted to let you know that I have emailed the head of the media department of the company that supposedly/possibly is considering purchasing CW of this particular discussion involving honest concerns and questions. So that hopefully there might be clarification as result.

Actually slight misunderstanding.

DC Universe ALL Star Games was the DC Roleplaying show with (among others) Freddie Prinze Jr.

Your thinking of DCYou the one that was a contest to create a DC Universe show (I spent hours working on my submission and not even the 250 bucks for the top 25… no… not bitter). Seriously, though three people won and were going to have pilots produced which would then air on DC Universe and one of them would become their next show. Which is clearly the one you are thinking of.

I did feel so bad for all three of the winners, because they came SO close and then due to a huge turn of bad luck out of everyone’s control they got it yanked weeks before the pilot could even be made. That HAD TO be dissapointing to come so close and not have anyhting to show for it.

Well they did get to fly down for the special where they were chosen from the top 10 and go to the studios down there in Calafornia, which I can attest from especiance was an amazing place, and then be on that, and be part of the early development of the pilot which is not nothing. But still, that had to suck to lose that kind of opportunity on the 11th hour. Especially since the special they were on is no longer availiable anywhere for obvious reasons so they probably don’t have much to show but the great memories. Justy sucks all around.

Especially for the guy who came up with the competitive Arkham themed reality show, because I sensed that the winning show was probably his to lose from the final 3.

3 Likes

FWIW - The Arrowverse is getting a new show, Justice U, and it’s intended for the CW so fears that it’ll be going away anytime soon should be put away. As for whether it’ll remain on CW…we’ll see.

2 Likes

well the CW shows for DC could just be transplanted to HBO max if this purchase goes through, HBO max is also the only place you can get Batwoman.

Is Batwoman as bad as I’ve heard it is?

I have no idea. I have never seen it or had any desire to see it.

I’ve seen the first two seasons. The first season has some growing pains but I think Alice steals the show. The second season had to readjust with a new lead.
It’s biggest problem was it took too long to address what happened to Kate. It never felt like Ryan got to have her own stories when everyone is always talking about Kate. I would’ve preferred they got it out the way and moved on.

To be honest, I tapped out after the second season, and from the promos I’ve seen of this season, it doesn’t look I’ll be back. I still say give the show a shot to see if you’ll enjoy it.

1 Like

I have thought it interesting now with its new takes on Poison Ivy and Joker. It can be slow in spots but it is trying to find its groove now where it fits into the Batman universe but still be unique.
My favorites still remain Legends and Superman

2 Likes

Season 1 is the weakest 1st Season of any CW DC show, and Ruby Rose is not a good lead. The supporting cast carried the show for her though.

Season 2 has them writing themselves out of a corner of Ruby’s exit and honestly has a weak start as well, but once the show finally comes into its own, its not bad

More evidence that the Arrowverse and the DC shows on CW are not going anywhere anytime soon.

4 Likes

In what I’ve seen of season 3, Batwoman is better than the Flash, and nowhere near as good (meaning nowhere near the budget) as Superman/Lois

1 Like

If there’s going a 2022-23 season of DC shows, I think that’s all we could ever ask for (considering the average life span of a typical TV series)

3 Likes

Nice profile pic

2 Likes

The most any Marvel show lasted on Netflix was three seasons, right? Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D lasted seven seasons on ABC. Agent Carter was one and done on ABC. Yeah - we’ve been spoiled with the longevity and breadth of the Arrowverse and DC shows on the CW for sure.

2 Likes

Restating for emphasis purposes what @FelixLeiter posted earlier, Grant Gustin just signed an extension on his contract to continue playing The Flash. If that doesn’t mean DC Shows are safe on the CW, I don’t know what does.

2 Likes