[World of Wonder] Wonder Woman #750 DISCUSSION

Thanks. I know now the upload date is about a year. After Jan 2021, will that change?

1 Like

Yes, it will be changing. DC Universe is becoming a comics focused app and will rebrand to DC Universe Infinite. Comics should be coming 6 months after their initial release instead of a year.

Great, thanks. I am looking forward to the change over.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s going to be great getting a lot more comics sooner. BTW, if you want more stuff to read/discuss, you can join clubs:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/g

Hope to see you around the community some more :wonderwoman:

Thanks, will the old shows and DVDs be there in 2021, or just comics?

1 Like

Just the comics.

Wait I thought this happened already?! Either way I’m really excited for Wonder Woman to become DC’s first superhero - the First Lady - the epitome of a hero - the character who inspires the ideal of what a superhero is to all other DC characters. Can’t wait to read this!

1 Like

It was released in January this year. It’s just going to show up on DCUi soon is all :smiley:

1 Like

That MAY still be the case. From what we understand, the idea of Wonder Woman being the first hero of the DCU came from the 5G stuff that Dan Didio was involved with, and which ground to a halt after Didio left and was retooled into Future State.

Now, it’s possible we may get this to some extent through Death Metal. Scott Snyder has talked about how his thesis for the story was how all the 80+ years of history matters and is all connected, and the main cover for the last issue has the Wonder Woman we see in the event standing face to face with the original, Golden Age Wonder Woman.

I don’t think we’ll know for certain until likely next month, when the March solicits come out and we see where things are after Death Metal and Future State.

2 Likes

Didn’t it already happen though? In the issue she is the first right? I haven’t read it since like February, but was that not canon once Didio got sacked? Or just not addressed?

It’s been a while since I read Death Metal #1 but I don’t think they did? From what the rumor mills have been saying, Didio wanted 5G to spin out of Death Metal, and Snyder didn’t want some big line changing thing to come out of it.

But like I said, I think if anything were to keep from the 5G plans, I think it’s that. In fact, I’m pretty sure Wonder Woman being the first DC hero and leading the JSA was probably the only big change that was almost universally liked among fans.

2 Likes

Sorry, I haven’t read Death Metal, I meant the part of introducing her as the first hero being in 750. I thought it just made sense for Diana to have been the first hero since she is tied to the World Wars and that whole era way more than Supes and the others. I hope it is referenced in Immortal Wonder Woman.

1 Like

I am looking forward to it.

1 Like