[World of Wonder] Wonder Woman (1987-) #7-9 & WONDER WOMAN (2016-) #51 ✨

I got behind on this one. Could I have an extension please :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vroom Yes! Go ahead and post your thoughts whenever you’re ready. :slight_smile:

I hope you’re able to join us for week 3

1 Like

how am I just finding out about this thread? I’m going to jump on.

1 Like

@macncheese1738 Please do! The more the merrier.

@nu52 that must be it. from what i remember, they had cropped the bottom panel of Diana’s face.

And in anticipation of the new week, i already got started.

1 Like

DQ’s:

1. Favorite characters. Besides Diana, I really enjoy the Post-Crisis iteration of Etta. The Pre-Crisis version was hit or miss (mostly miss with regards to the Golden Age) but this version is entertaining and quite enjoyable.

2. As Cheetah, Ms. Minerva is indeed formidable. I certainly don’t envy Diana when she has to go up against her. I love Perez’s take on her too.

3. I like the gods. At times, they can be a little iffy in certain aspects of their logic and the way they see humanity, but overall I think they mean well (the evil gods are another matter, obviously).

Wonder Woman #51

1. I liked Diana and Mayfly’s relationship quite a bit. It stood out nicely to me when this book came out, and upon re-reading this issue, it was nice to experience again.

I think Mayfly was always happy to see Diana, but just couldn’t bring herself to reveal that during their early encounters.

1. I enjoy how Wonder Woman tries to conquer her enemies with compassion. It’s a unique way for a superhero to deal with their adversaries.

That said, some foes have to be permanently vanquished and Diana isn’t one to back down in that regard. Just look at how she dealt with Max Lord in 2005’s Wonder Woman #219.

Sorry to be responding so late @nu52, but thank you for picking some solid reads =-)

3 Likes

@Vroom Don’t worry about it! We all have lives outside of this. Read at your own pace. I’m just glad you could join us :slight_smile:

1 Like