[World of Wonder] WONDER WOMAN (1986-) #23-26 & JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK (2018-) #3 ✨

Yeah, to be quite honest, that was wrapped up so neatly that I kinda forgot what happened. :sweat_smile:

Needless to say, I think the stuff with Hermes in general and her teaming up with other heroes was the more interesting part of this week’s reading. I just wish we got a bit more interaction with The Creeper – something I never thought I would, erm, think.

2 Likes

@AntLeon Yeah, that was so messed up that Diana went through that whole ordeal where she beat everything in Doom’s Doorway, only for it to need protection again. The Amazons must have felt relieved after centuries of having to take care of it and dying to it, but then that was snatched away rather quickly.

1 Like

@Jay_Kay I would have loved to see more of The Creeper. It was nice getting to see him with the lasso around him and suddenly he was clear headed. I don’t know his story or anything, but it’d be cool to have him show up again. It’s fun that he showed up in this story. Now I feel like anyone can show up at any time.

I do agree that all of the JLI and Invasion stuff was more interesting, but I still found myself kind of thinking about Ixion over and over. He was a bad person as the first murderer, but he went through torture for years and was happy dying. I was conflicted about that. Also, I was happy to see a gorgon in the story. The power to turn people to stone is crazy.

Then Hermes rebuilding the city was also wild. It reminds you why they’re gods. Maybe not the strongest in terms of brute force, but they have other powers that can do so much. He was out there trying to buy humanity’s love by making everyone rich. Was it this story where someone tried to run off with the money he was conjuring up?

1 Like

That reminds me, the whole thing of Hermes making gold and diamonds out of the air sounds nice in theory, but doesn’t make sense when you think about how inflation works, like the more you do it, the less worth such items have, harming people in the process.

1 Like

@nu52 once they had subdued Ixion, Euryale blows up Hermes about where he was going to put Ixion. Diana was great; to parahprase, the Amazons had to guard the Doorway for their mistakes, but to have to guard it again for Hermes’ mistake isn’t fair. Then, Ixion is finally put down (i think by the miliary) and neither Diana has to kill him, nor does Hermes have to reinstate the Doorway. An apparent win-win.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay Exactly. He’s trying to do what he thinks is right, without knowing how humans and the society of mankind actually works. He’s really misguided. I like that because it gives his character a place to go. He has room for growth. I’m missing Myndi, so I’m hoping he becomes that flawed character just trying to do what’s right.

2 Likes

@AntLeon You’re right! It’s Phobos that ends up locked up in his own home right? So, the Amazons never learned about that. I had both images of Ixion dying and someone imprisoned, but I had forgotten who. Diana really got spared of having to be the one to kill Ixion.