World of Wonder | Week 33 | St. Patrick's Day | Mar. 11-17

Taking over a body makes a little more sense that manifesting something from scratch.

I look forward to Phantom Stranger’s and John’s perspectives from within the helmet.

1 Like

When Nabu just sucked up the Phantom Stranger, I was shook. I bet John is going to come in clutch from inside the helmet.

They did mention Khalid, if I’m recalling correctly, in these issues. Something about a friend stuck in a vase. We’re most likely going to see him again. I wonder if he’ll take the helmet back.

2 Likes

Phantom Stranger was a little out of nowhere. I still want to know Nabu’s agenda. All i am seeing is people reacting to whatever he’s doing. Is it more than just going rogue?

The Bobo centric portion of this week’s selection makes me like him and I didn’t want to. Well, if he drinks bourbon when at the Oblivion bar, i guess i can entertain it.

Kirk’s wonder about the magical world and the walking skeletons was great, but somewhat tragic when he starts wondering if the stories he’s recording (or is he?) are giving him nightmares. it was subtle, but at the beginning of the issue, he greets or acknowledges someone in the room.

2 Likes

Maybe with Constantine in the helm, we’ll get some clarification.

LOL, why didn’t you want to like Bobo? He’s definitely becoming one of my favorites in this book, above Zatanna and Swampy.

I had missed that he had acknowledged someone in the room because I figured it was mimicking one of those shows (ex: Twilight Zone) where the host/narrator speaks to the audience and then the stories begin.

Bobo: I was reserving judgement while watching this arc play out. It’s not like i hated him. this backstory about the sword and related filled a vacuum. and the filling was more positive than negative. It is the proverbial what it is. Why fight it?

Kirk: the panel read to me that it was another character vs the audience.

1 Like

You be the judge:

1 Like

Who would he be speaking to? UDM would elicit more of a panic, wouldn’t he?

1 Like

One would think. Even his surprise is kind of looking up. he is either not seeing him as UDM or he is not afraid for whatever reason, including but not limited to a descent into madness…

2 Likes

I hadn’t paid attention to the fact that his head is tilted upward. Good catch.

What if his dreams aren’t even dreams? UDM is supposed to be the counter to Hecate and we have seen him do crazy stuff before. I hope Kirk is fine at the end of this :sob:

1 Like