[World of Wonder] JL: Darkseid War: Special + Justice League (2011-) #49-50

Sorry :frowning_face:

1 Like

It’s okay – like @nu52 said, it probably won’t last for very long.

2 Likes

Why do we have to be so curious!? We could have gone about our days not knowing that if we just had self control :sob: :sweat_smile: :rofl:

3 Likes

What is this self control you speak of?

3 Likes

Hey look, it me.

3 Likes

Aquamon, would you mind editing your post so it says your spoiler is about JL Odyssey before the blur? I don’t want anyone clicking, thinking it might be a spoiler from the reading this week.

2 Likes

To be honest, I’m so used to the blur being used for s*itposting that I was surprised to see it used for an actual spoiler. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

The apricons on discord have me clicking spoiler tags recklessly :rofl:

1 Like

:roll_eyes: fine!

1 Like

2 Likes

Lol I just read everything after I left to watch my shows, you guys crack me up :joy: I have to agree with @Jay_Kay though, Jessica Cruz is pretty high up on my favorite lanterns list. She may not be my absolute favorite, but she’s way up there. I really like how she overcomes depression. It speaks to me on a personal level because I went through a really rough period of depression after a traumatic experience. Reading Jessica Cruz comics helped me get past that, so she’s always gonna have a special place in my heart :purple_heart:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your story. It’s amazing how much art can help people through tough times. I’m glad you’re in a better place, CSD. I have a feeling that Jessica is one of those characters that will stick around in multiple mediums for decades to come. I think my favorite Lantern is still between Hal, Laira, and Aya.

2 Likes

Actually Laira is my favorite lantern! I wish that she got more time in the spotlight. She’s so badass :sunglasses:

Art really is such an amazingly therapeutic medium. Art has been a huge part of my life and comic books are a big part of that! I actually did a project in school when I was in patient communication and we were learning about how to help chronically and terminally ill patients come to terms with their illnesses and I studied using comic books as a form of patient therapy. The results are actually really amazing. It almost seems harsh, but as a healthcare provider, I can’t tell patients anything along the lines of “don’t worry” or “I’m sure you’re gonna be ok”, etc., because I don’t know that. It sucks but saying something like that is essentially the same as lying to your patient because you can’t make them any guarantees. But when I can offer them something therapeutic that speaks to them and helps them with what they’re going through, I know that I can offer them some comfort. I like to offer comics when I can as that kind of therapy because it seems to have such good results with people of all ages.

2 Likes

That’s incredible. Comics definitely appeal to a broad age range. It’s really interesting hearing how you utilize art and comics in your career to help people. Not all heroes wear capes.

2 Likes

Thanks! I think it’s really cool too!

1 Like

The second bonus question is available now on my scavenger hunt event BTW! I just put it up a minute ago and I’m gonna be posting the last bonus question on the 13th. Figured I’d give you guys a little inside info since you’re my club buddies :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! I didn’t realize about the bonus questions. I was waiting for the 20th to come around :sweat_smile:

BTW, if anyone wants to go check out the scavenger hunt:

2 Likes

Oh cool! I just wrote up one a few days ago for the WoBs as well. They ah…not so easy. I didn’t want it to be super hard cough but I didn’t want it to be too easy for them to get a riddler badge. Look for it next week!

3 Likes

Thanks for the promote @nu52! I can’t wait to see who comes out the winner :medal_sports:

1 Like

Just have to read the article.

1 Like