[World of Wonder] JL: Darkseid War: Special + Justice League (2011-) #49-50

Oh my gosh, I’m glad you’ve found us again! We’ve missed you :smiley:

1 Like

I still have to get to this week’s selection. But i was thinking of posting something in that thread; i could throw curses for not getting to it sooner, but it also means i can agonize over it a little bit more before committing fingers to keyboard.

TBH, who doesn’t love Batman? But it sounds like a good distract, especially for littles.

3 Likes

Hell, I’m 31 years old and that would probably work on me.

2 Likes

Hey, we’re the same age :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: nice to know I’m not alone in my 30’s lol

2 Likes

Man, I missed Office Hours and I missed the Harley Quinn Watch Along tonight. I’m sad :worried: I had a decent excuse for missing Office Hours, but I missed the watch along because I got distracted playing video games with my husband lol

4 Likes

That’s a great reason for missing a WAL! Were you still able to watch the HQ episode?

3 Likes

Not yet, but I will definitely watch it before bed. My husband said he’d watch with me if I watched an episode of Rick and Morty with him lol, so that’s what we’re getting ready to do here in just a few

2 Likes

Nerd-dom isn’t just a lifestyle choice in our house, it’s a requirement lol

2 Likes

Hey, that’s a win-win. R&M and HQ? You got it made :smiley:

2 Likes

Ok so on issue # 48 right now. Man I forgot a lot of this. I forgot that they team up with the Crime Syndicate, the entire Shazam and GL one shot and I think they were my favorite this time around. I totally forgot that the whole point was for the Anti-Monitor to get his Mojo back and become Mobius again. I loved how badass Billy was towards those weird gods. One of my favorite lines is in issue 3 of the main story I think when Batman first sits on the chair and GL is like are you ok and Batmans like of course I’m a god. LOL :joy:. Really all I remembered was that the 2 of them battle each other and Darkseid eats the dust and bats/superman/lex/flash god stories. I don’t even remember how it ends :joy: I just remember being so bummed when it did and that I hated JL rebirth Oh goodness probably some of the worst comics I have ever read. (I don’t read much marvel though :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

1 Like

My reaction to Superman loseing his poop after going into the fire pits of Apocalypse

3 Likes

I was the same where I remembered a lot, but couldn’t remember how it ended.

You’re a really fast reader if you’re already on #48 lol. Superman can be really scary at times, the Apokolips version is one of those times.

2 Likes

Also I though Cruz was ok at first. I liked the take with her origin story but she got old quick. SPOILER FOR nu52!!!JL Odyssey :hugs: Glad she died in JL Odyssey

1 Like

I read them all last night LOL

1 Like

Welp, I just had to click on that spoiler :sweat_smile:

I am shook right now. It probably won’t last long.

1 Like

:rofl:
I hope so :smiling_imp:

1 Like

I liked her as Power Ring. I haven’t read any of the Jessica stuff in Rebirth, outside of a few issues from the first JL Rebirth arc and No Justice… If she was in that? I can’t remember. She was okay in JL vs F5.

1 Like

Yeah she was ok in JL vs F5 but I wish we had gotten more of the OG JL in that movie. Really wish they would do another JL cartoon.

2 Likes

I’m getting my JL fix through DC Super Hero Girls. The Super Hero Boys are funny in that.

2 Likes

I think Jessica Cruz if she isn’t my favorite GL she’s at least in my top 3. I just read that spoiler and now I’m sad.

3 Likes