[World of Bats] The Next Batman: Second Son #1-12

Hello and welcome to a new installment of World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Since this week in the regular comics we’re seeing a big push for the newest Batman, Jace Fox, going to New York City, and we saw his adventures in the Future State event, I thought it might be a good time to get a little deeper into his origins and check out the digital-first series “The Next Batman: Second Son,” written by John Ridley with art by Tony Akins and Travel Foreman!

Discover the origin of the new Dark Knight, Tim “Jace” Fox! The estranged son of billionaire Lucius Fox has returned to Gotham City and taken on the mantle of Batman after being away for years. Where has the eldest son of one Gotham’s premiere families been for these ‘missing’ years and how did he become Gotham’s New Protector?

Here are the links for the issues:

The Next Batman: Second Son #1
The Next Batman: Second Son #2
The Next Batman: Second Son #3
The Next Batman: Second Son #4
The Next Batman: Second Son #5
The Next Batman: Second Son #6
The Next Batman: Second Son #7
The Next Batman: Second Son #8
The Next Batman: Second Son #9
The Next Batman: Second Son #10
The Next Batman: Second Son #11
The Next Batman: Second Son #12

This reading will last from 2022-02-05T06:00:00Z2022-02-11T06:00:00Z, but if you are busy trying to justify a name change with your estranged family, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing this series with you guys! :smiley:

1 Like

It was nice to learn more about Jace’s history and I thought the overall narrative was pretty good. I didn’t really like Luke’s characterization here; it might be true to his character (I haven’t read a lot of his stuff in comics). It seemed strange to me that Luke was so antagonistic toward Jace.

2 Likes