[World of Bats] Prodigal Part One

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Recently we finished the big epic that was the Knightfall Saga, and we took a quick detour through Batman’s past through the events of Zero Hour. Now, we’ll be forwarding the story and taking a look of what happens next after Bruce took back the mantle…and then immediately gave the cowl to Dick Grayson.

Let’s take a look at the crossover story Prodigal, written and drawn by the usual cadre of creators.

And here’s the digital trade as part of the Ultra tier:

Reading will go from 2023-04-01T05:00:00Z2023-04-07T05:00:00Z, but if you’re going through a mid-life crisis after beating a really religious spikey boi, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing these comics with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

2 Likes

Yeah…yeah.

I suppose they had to give us this mediocre story to satisfy everyone who wanted Dick to replace Bruce in the first place! (Morrison does it better.)

1 Like

It does seem weird that Bruce took back the Batman only to give it to Dick. Though, yeah, he should have asked Dick to start with :grinning:

I like the interactions between Dick and Tim. They seem to have a good back and forth and I think it’s interesting to see them dealing with Alfred’s absence. It’s also a little funny Dick knowing how to do things around the house that Bruce never had to learn :laughing:

I’m also interested in seeing more of the fallout on Gordon’s side with him dealing with his loss of faith in Batman. Will Dick, as Batman, ever be able to earn Gordon’s trust? Guess we’ll find out. Same bat time, same bat channel

I can take or leave the villains in this selection. Their schemes work well enough to build the Dick, Tim, and Gordon plots around but I don’t think any of them are especially compelling here

1 Like