[World of Bats] Poison Ivy #1-12

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

Spring is officially here, at least that’s what the calendar and my allergies tell me, and I think what better time to give a focus to Batman’s most earthy rogue, Poison Ivy! So for the next two weeks, we’ll be looking at the first twelve issues of her current ongoing series, written by G. Willow Wilson and drawn by Marcio Takara and Atagun Ilhan.

Pamela Isley has been a lot of things in her life. A living god, a super-villain, an activist, a scientist, and dead. In a new body that she didn’t ask for and with a renewed sense of purpose, Ivy leaves Gotham and sets out to complete her greatest work-a gift to the world that will heal the damage dealt to it…by ending humanity.

Poison Ivy #1
Poison Ivy #2
Poison Ivy #3
Poison Ivy #4
Poison Ivy #5
Poison Ivy #6
Poison Ivy #7
Poison Ivy #8
Poison Ivy #9
Poison Ivy #10
Poison Ivy #11
Poison Ivy #12

Reading will run from 2024-03-30T05:00:00Z2024-04-12T05:00:00Z, but if you just had some kind of mushroom and your mind is moving low, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing these stories with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

It’s funny that we are starting on this Poison Ivy arc by G. Willow Wilson right now. I finished her run on Wonder Woman a few days ago and I enjoyed it. I’m curious what she has in store for Poison Ivy

1 Like

I…absolutely LOVE this Poison Ivy book! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

2 Likes

Good choice! Any discussion points we should add? I’ve already read these.

1 Like

It’s a bit ironic reading through this selection and see Poison Ivy, a character that is supposedly done with humanity, continually forming human connections.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think that’s definitely one of the main ideas about this book. Ivy starts out in a dark place, wanting to end the world and end herself, but in the process of her journey, she finds reason after reason why her mission shouldn’t be one of self-destruction, but for the betterment of others. Wilson really does a great job of walking the line of making her sympathetic and someone you want to root for, but not letting you forget that she is still a super-villain. :smiley:

2 Likes