[World of Bats] Harley Quinn: The Animated Series -- The Eat BANG! Kill Tour

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

This week we’ll be finishing our Pride coverage by taking a look at the mad-cap continuation of the Harley Quinn animated series in book form The Eat BANG! Kill Tour, written by Tee Franklin and drawn by Max Sarin.

Harley and Ivy on the road trip of the century! Following the wedding disaster of the decade, Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy end up on the run from Commissioner Gordon and the GCPD! But as fun as all that sounds, Ivy still worries over leaving Kite Man at the altar… Luckily, Harley’s got the perfect scheme to shake her out of her wedding-day blues!

LINKS:

Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #1
Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #2
Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #3
Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #4
Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #5
Harley Quinn: The Animated Series – The Eat BANG! Kill Tour #6

Reading will last from 2023-06-24T05:00:00Z2023-06-30T05:00:00Z, but if you’re on the lam from the cops, you can always come back later!

Looking forward to discussing these comics with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

7 Likes

It’s a fun run and the writer and artist do a great job of maintaining the vibe of the TV show. I think some of the symbolism is heavy-handed, one of the villains is literally a toxic man, but it doesn’t affect my enjoyment of the comic

2 Likes

…I was today years old when I figured that out. :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I can see what you mean about it being a bit heavy handed. Like, it was cool to see stuff like Ivy processing how messed up what happened at the wedding was and defending her inner child, but it did kind of veer towards after school special in terms of how the characters talked about it.

But still, minor nag – overall, also enjoyed this. Like, I remember liking it when it came out because it was a great way to get a new taste of that series during that long break between seasons 2 and 3, and now it still holds up pretty well. :smiley:

3 Likes