[World of Bats] Batman: Nightwalker (The Graphic Novel)

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club!

With the launch of DC Universe Infinite Ultra last month, the service somewhat stealthily added some YA graphic novels, so I thought it might be interesting to take a look at some of the Batman family themed books that are now on here. So to start, we’ll be looking at the graphic novel Batman: Nightwalker, written by Marie Liu, and adapted by Stuart Moore, with art by Chris Wildgoose.

LINK:

Reading will go from 2022-11-05T05:00:00Z2022-11-11T06:00:00Z, but if you’re stuck on probation in the craziest mental institute ever made, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to discussing this story with you all! :batparrot:

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

I absolutely loved this story! So cool to see Bruce at this young age and with friends! He had detective skills even then, even if he was fooled temporarily.

2 Likes

Looking forward to reading about a young Bruce Wayne. I haven’t gotten much of that since Gotham ended

3 Likes

Glad you liked it, @scoop001! It is definitely rare to see a young Bruce with friends. It may be partly because it fits the whole YA format, but Bruce gives off the vibes that he wouldn’t sometimes, so it’s nice to see. I did like how he was fooled temporarily. It does kind of show that Bruce was drawn to the bad girls from the very start. :rofl:

@john.21795 Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :smiley: Man, that reminds me I need to catch up/finish Gotham. I stopped around the third season or so (whichever one first introduced Mad Hatter) but always meaned to get back to it. It’s on HBO Max now, I think…

2 Likes

I enjoyed this one a good bit. It was cool to see Bruce sort of be Batman at the end. This take on Harvey Dent was interesting, too.

Bruce never does learn to stay away from bad girls, does he? :0_catwoman:

2 Likes

Yeah, I did not expect to see him go full on put on body armor and disguise himself like he does. The Harvey was interesting too – you almost expect him to swerve and do something that shows him as duplicitous, perhaps even…two-faced, but they don’t. I guess it helped they had that other guy do that traditional character role.

And hey, Batman goes for more than just the bad girls! There’s…uh…Silver St Cloud, there’s Vicki Vale, and…uh…hmm…yeah, that’s kinda it. :sweat_smile:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts! :smiley:

2 Likes