[World of Bats] Batman by Neal Adams

Hello and welcome to the World of Bats, the Batman Book Club.

Yesterday, we found out that Neal Adams, a comic book legend who made his mark on the Batman universe, passed away at the age of eighty. So, to celebrate his life and legacy, we’ll be looking at some of his biggest and influential stories, along with writer Denny O’Neil.

First appearance of Ra’s al Ghul in “Daughter of the Demon,” a retelling of Batman and Robin’s origins.

LINK: Batman (1940-) #232

Batman stars in the story “Half an Evil” which is the first appearance of the Silver Age Two-Face.

LINK: Batman (1940-) #234

Batman follows a lead that takes him halfway around the world on the trail of “The Lazarus Pit!”

LINK: Batman (1940-) #243

Ra’s al Ghul is back, and with a vengeance. Can Batman defeat the Demon in a one-on-one duel to the death? “The Demon Lives Again!”

LINK: Batman (1940-) #244

The Clown Prince of Crime is back in Gotham City, and he’s going to make everyone pay in this classic story by the legendary creative team of Denny O’Neil and Neal Adams!

LINK: Batman (1940-) #251

Reading will last from 2022-04-30T05:00:00Z2022-05-06T05:00:00Z, but if you’re suffering through Lazarus Pit madness, you can always come back later.

Looking forward to reading these classics with you all and celebrating the work of Neal Adams.

Click here to learn more about World of Bats.

Click here to join and get cool flair!

4 Likes

Excellent picks! Rest in peace, Neal Adams.

2 Likes

Is Neal Adams the greatest comic artist of all time? I don’t know that world well enough to say, but he’s got to at least be in the discussion. I just too a few screenshots as I was reading, because I think the images will say more than I can.

1 Like