WONDER WOMAN šŸ“ŗ Watch-Along/Trivia! šŸ’„ MONDAY 6/13 @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

As an ardent fan of ancient Egypt and the Elizabeth Taylor-starring Cleopatra, I would love to see GG in the role.

Bitten on the asp or not, that movie needs to happen!

So does WW 3.

I wouldnā€™t mind seeing Grail in that one. Especially since that could possibly allow us to see Diana and Darkseid rumble, while also allowing Myrina Black to come into the DCEU.

Iā€™d also love to see Steve back, but hopefully with a less dopey means of return than in WW84.

What Steve added to WW84? Great.

How he came back? Not so great.

His means of return is really the only thing about WW84 that I genuinely dislike.

The thing I liked most about that movie?

The fireworks scene. Its romantic, beautifully shot and beautifully scored as well (ā€œFireworksā€ is my fav track from the WW84 soundtrack, so Iā€™m a squidge :pinching_hand:t2: biased toward that scene).

5 Likes

I knew the first two.

4 Likes

Knew the last 2 this time.

4 Likes

I knew Kinneman being Swedish would throw most people off

4 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
Chris Pine

The son and grandson of successful actors, Chris Pine made several
TV appearances early in his career before starring alongside Anne Hathaway in The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement (2004). He portrayed the iconic Captain James Kirk in the 2009 remake of Star Trek, a role that transformed the young actor into Hollywood A-lister. Along with headlining multiplex fare like Unstoppable (2010), Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit (2014) and the Star Trek sequels, Pine showed a comedic flair in the musical Into the Woods (2014). He later co-starred in the highly successful superhero feature Wonder Woman (2017).

8 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
Fill in the Blank Trivia

1. Chris plays (brilliantly I might add) the legendary Captain James T. Kirk. What DC superhero teams has Captain Kirk and the crew of the USS Enterprise fought along side______? Legion of Superheroes and the Green Lantern Corps

2. Chris Pine plays which Marvel character in a 2018 film_____? Peter Parker in Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse

3. Chrisā€™ grandmother, Anne Gywnn starred in a 1940s serial featuring what space-based character that has appeared in comic strips, comic books and the movies______? Flash Gordon in Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe Bonus: She also starred in 1947ā€™s Dick Tracy Meets Gruesome as Dickā€™s girlfriend_____ Tess Trueheart

4. Chrisā€™ father, Robert Pine, has appeared in hundreds of television episodes since the 1970s, unfortunately he was not in Wonder Woman, but he did appear in a single episode of two different Star Trek shows. What were they_____? Voyager and Enterprise

My work here is done, for now

7 Likes

I donā€™t know how I missed this, but I changed my mind, Iā€™m call it :point_down: THIS from now on. This ones even better. A+

Nonono. :eyes: Donā€™t even think it, @Angel212! :laughing::purple_heart:

6 Likes

No that was my joke that the post was under construction, I just wanted to save the space. It was a take and Dineroā€™s Iā€™m just walking here and if it takes me this long to explain my joke, perhaps itā€™s not the best joke.

6 Likes

I know, but I still didnā€™t want to interrupt CHRIS PINE DAY! :smile: Here, let me add a pic. Or two. Okay, bye.

8 Likes

Who would, but I can stay here and chat with you, lovely as that is, or back to the trivia mine

5 Likes

ann g 1

Chrisā€™ Grandma looking adorable

7 Likes

Agree. Totally didnā€™t know the answer to this one, tho. :vulcan_salute: Does that mean I canā€™t use this anymore?

Iā€™ve not gotten to know Anne Gwynne beyond a handful of things, so you got me on the bonus Q too. Just gonna leave this here for referenceā€¦ :popcorn::purple_heart:

6 Likes

Was hoping some may be able to successfully guess the Anne questions

4 Likes

Started with Boris Karloff, so cool

4 Likes

I knew the first two! 50% isā€¦still a failing grade. But the fact that I got my highest score on the Chris Pine trivia tells you everything you need to know. (@TheWifeOfJasonTodd understands this about me. :sweat_smile:)

Also, those Star Trek/Green Lantern comics are legit good. Sadly not on DCUI (the crossover probably complicates things) but I highly recommend them.

And if you want to hear him sing, he does some great Christmas carols in Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. :grin:

8 Likes

I am am obviously Sophia today, lol.

Youā€™re right. No peeking! Also, Boris Karloff :+1:

9 Likes

Allow me to add some of my favorite gifs to celebrate Chris Pine Day. :tada:

7 Likes

I do I do, because I can totally relate :smile:

6 Likes

He is the best of all the Chrises, after all. :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Got the first three , the last one was quite interesting to learn. Go Flash Go.

5 Likes