WONDER WOMAN šŸ“ŗ Watch-Along/Trivia! šŸ’„ MONDAY 6/13 @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

This is science. :face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

As I kid, when I got home from school each day, I turned on Star Trek which was on just before the news. Iā€™ve seen every episode dozens of times. And yet, I 100% immediately thought ā€œYep, thatā€™s Captain Kirk when Pine puts on the uniform

5 Likes

Anne does awesome Halloween pinup

6 Likes

So, if Steve T. does in fact make a third appearance in the WW films he does need to indeed stay in Dianaā€™s life forever after 'cuz if sheā€™s made to suffer his loss for a third time thatā€™ll easily constitute a strong case for filmmaking malpractice. Yep.

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

6 Likes

Cosigned and passed into law. :white_check_mark:

5 Likes

I love him as Captain Kirk. (Also since we were talking about gag reels, those movies have some of the BEST bloopers. :joy:)

Other movies I love him in:

Unstoppable. This is just a really good movie.

Wrinkle in Time. Brainiac and loving father, be still my heart.

Princess Diaries 2. In my defense I just really enjoyed this movie when it came out, when I was significantly younger. I will still watch it as a comfort movie and baby Chris is very charming in it.

Spiderman: Into the Spiderverse. Although between Wonder Woman, Star Trek: Into Darkness, and this movie, I would like to humbly request that filmmakers stop making me watch him die. :sob:

5 Likes

K, itā€™s past my bedtime, so Iā€™ll leave you all with this: Chris Pine rapping ā€œIce, Ice Baby.ā€ (At the 5:42 mark.)

Truly, a man of infinite talents. :rofl:

7 Likes

That is, quite literally, the best thing Iā€™ve seen on the Internet today (Sunday).

I thank you.

SN: If Pine can successfully render Iceā€™s ā€œbestā€ song (Ninja Rap), that will add to his stock of badassery.

Fun Fact about Robert (Chrisā€™s dad) Pine:

He had a small part in Independence Day as one of President Whitmoreā€™s advisers, and is seen prior to the aliensā€™ arrival.

The more you know. :stars:

5 Likes

Ready to WAL!

5 Likes

@DC89 Uh oh. :eyes: This is next Monday. Weā€™re in the lounge tonight for some Pride shenanigans. Come play. :dancer:t2: :purple_heart::popcorn: (That goes for whoever sees this too,btw! :partying_face:)

6 Likes

Babsie cosplaying as Diana? :star_struck:

5 Likes

Is that what it is? :eyes: It wonā€™t load for me!! :sob: I feel cheated, ngl.

5 Likes

:hugs:

5 Likes

Whoopsidoodle. :smile: Alrighty- headinā€™ over to the Lounge. :smiley:

IKR? :purple_heart:

:hugs:

4 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
How 'bout those Amazon Gals? *title brought to you by the 1950s.

7 Likes

Beyond the Wonder
Amazons Fill in the Blank Trivia

1. The Amazons of legend received their name for the Greek words ā€˜withoutā€™ what? breast, they bound or removed the right to be batter archers, the left was for nursing
  2. The multi-talented Robin Wright starred as the titular character in a 1990s film based on an 18th Century book by Daniel Defoe, whatā€™s the characters name? Moll Flanders
  3. The Danish actress Connie Nielson starred in a blockbuster movie alongside an Australian who will appear in the upcoming Thor movie as which Greek God (took a long way around, but got back to Greece on that one)_____Russell Crowe will play Zeus
  4. Bonus question: Amazons are awesome or what____correct answer is awesome
7 Likes

I got all but #2 correct! (Thanks for the freebie on #4 :rofl:).

In WW Rebirth, Barbara Minerva argues about the Amazon name origin:

8 Likes

Nice, love that argument. I tend to side with Dr. Minerva on that one. It often happens that one language takes words from another and the meanings shift. You earned the freebie

7 Likes

moseys into the WAL area humming To Be Human as he makes his way toward his seat

Alrighty, just gonna bookmark my seat with this lovely, 19-inch Walmart exclusive from 2017:

puts the figure in his seat, straps it down securely and then exits while humming the remainder of To Be Human

SN: Hereā€™s another 2017-released WW by Jakks Pacific (the company that made the above figure), and if memory serves, this one was an Amazon exclusive:

I donā€™t have the Amazon exclusive Diana, but I do have the Walmart piece. Her cloak is quite nice, and well-tailored.

6 Likes

Hey, I finally got all of them correct! :tada: Thanks for the freebie, lol!

I loved her Rebirth appearances. Dr. Minerva isnā€™t wrong, thoā€¦ plus (if it exists in antiquities, I havenā€™t seen it), but Amazons werenā€™t really depicted with evidence of self-mutilation. Also, Hamazan is a name meaning (if memory serves) ā€˜to leave your markā€™. :eyes: Or something to that effect.

7 Likes