WONDER WOMAN (SN 1) đŸ“ș Watch-Alongs THURSDAYS đŸ’„ (Starting 8/17) @ 6pm PST/9pm EST

Hey there! Do you like Wonder Woman? Do you like the 70’s? Have you always been curious to watch, but never got around to it? If you answered yes, then it’s your lucky day! :tada: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

Details below

Wonder Woman, E1-3 (1975): After a dogfight with a Nazi plane, U.S. pilot Steve Trevor crashes on an uncharted island inhabited only by women—their existence a well-kept secret for thousands of years. Learning of the Nazi threat to humanity, the Amazon princess, Diana, is chosen to accompany Trevor back to the US to battle the Third Reich.

:00_wonder_woman_gold: WHERE: Right here in this thread!

:00_wonder_woman_gold: WHEN: Thursdays @ 6pm PST/9pm EST on the following days:

• 8/17: E1
  • 8/24: OFF
  • 8/31: E2&3
  • 9/7: OFF
  • 9/14: E4
  • 9/21: E5-6 (2 parter)
  • 9/28: E7-8
  • 10/5: OFF
  • 10/12: E9-10
  • 10/19: E11-12
  • 10/26: E13-14

PLEASE NOTE:
You’ll need your own access to the show. It’s available on HBOMax right :arrow_right: HERE. Be ready to hit PLAY at the moment of truth and if you get lost, we got you—just ask and we’ll get you on track.

Rated: TV-PG, Runtime: 74 min & 99 min

:wondersquadron2: :movie_camera: Contact @Razzzcat or @CassTheStreet below if you have any questions.

16 Likes

First, we spin! :boom:

Then! :books: If you’re looking for some book, you can also stop by this months book discussion:

:notes: Next, we listen to a fitting track from an album I’ve been listening to all week:

Last, you can also check out this Lounge WAL later this month if you’re free
(because :mirror_ball: :dancer:t2: the 70s and #CAHOOTERY)

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/wb100-through-the-decades-wal-1970s-klute-friday-8-25-5pm-pt-8pm-et/3353468?u=razzzcat

11 Likes

Just gonna drop these here :coffee:

12 Likes

Hi, Razzz! I would watch a Wonder Woman cartoon based on Lynda Carter in a heartbeat.

10 Likes

Trivia Fact: This isn’t the first time Wonder Woman appeared on television screens. The first was this:

Wonder_Woman_(1974_film)

A 1974 film that showcased a blonde Wonder Woman of all things! Lynda’s version, however, would become the more iconic version that we know and love today.

11 Likes

That is so interesting. I never knew this.

6 Likes

xmw1
tales-of-the-unexpected funnies
bw80
x2077shf

Turtle necks, silk scarves, bongos, and tiaras . . . wood panel offices, burgundy carpets, hired goons, lassos, and explosions! :saluting_face:

7 Likes

What’s an HBO Max? Lmfaoooo sorry! I couldn’t help myself

4 Likes

(Zps vs. super secret link :upside_down_face: again)

Does anyone know where to find this?

7 Likes

Unfortunately, it is not streaming anywhere for free currently or with a subscription to a service. You can rent it though for $3.99 on Amazon or Apple it appears. It also appears to be available on DVD for a low cost point of $9.99 on Amazon. So to watch it currently, you would have to individually purchase it, but it has previously been on Max so maybe one day it will return.

6 Likes

Rental seems like the way to go for now. Thanks @CassTheStreet!

I haven’t been to a watch-along, but I’m going to try to make it to at least one of these. :wonderwoman:

8 Likes

You are welcome and I hope to see you at one of these. They can be a lot of fun watching with others and seeing their reaction. I would love to see how your first time at one of these goes, so again hope to see you!

7 Likes

:saluting_face: Excellent!! We shall cahoot like we have never cahooted before! :00_wonder_woman_gold: :purple_heart:

Ps.

:eyes: Have you gotten an update on your progress from the mods? You might be close! Also, I hope you can join us! :tada: :popcorn:

7 Likes

While I’m here
more Things n’ Stuff â„ąïž

Ditto! :purple_heart:

And are we ready for some Blondie, y’all? :dancer:t2: I am.

9 Likes

I love Blondie @Razzzcat!

I also found a few clips of that 1974 movie. Wonder Woman (TV Movie) Feature Clip - YouTube Gld we got the glow up with Lynda Carter, even if the other one is bad in a good way. :smile:

8 Likes

:flying_saucer: I need to know what happened to the donkey Asap!

8 Likes

Anyone wanting to get a little bit of the show in before the WAL can look to the comic book library on DCUI! DC published the series “Wonder Woman '77” that is based on this television series. It has 29 chapters. Find it HERE:

Here is a cover to give you some quick context:

7 Likes

Unsurprisingly, it’s this month’s reading (along with vintage '70s issues):

8 Likes

I went for the vintage issues first, since we read a few during Halloween and I hadn’t finished yet. Good stuff!

7 Likes

Tonight is the night for episode 1!!! Very excited for it. See y’all tonight!

Did you know that they tried to make a new Wonder Woman show more recently, but it didn’t get picked up. It was created by David E. Kelley and would have starred Adrianne Palicki (Supernatural and Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. fame). Here is a clip from it:

6 Likes