Wonder Woman Hitting Theaters and HBO Max on the 25th

Well the last time studios used that tactic they sent their flagship movies only to the theaters they owned. Congress stepped in and now studios don’t own theaters. It’s not unreasonable for theater chains to expect a few weeks with a movie before it hits cable/streaming. They have been the major source of studio revenue for decades. Simultaneously or even short windows will doom many of the smaller theaters; ultimately killing the golden goose.

2 Likes

Yes, I can’t’ wait, it’ll come around in my birthday. I could imagine an interesting fight between Wonder Woman and the Cheetah, just like hoping for Batman and Joker meeting each other in the Snyder Cut of Justice League, and maybe part of my DC watchlist, next to all of my favorite movies and TV shows.

1 Like

I won’t watch WW84 in either format. I don’t care to risk my health in a theater (I do that more than enough at my job). As for HBO Max, despite their plan being incredibly expensive for a streamer, they still don’t offer anything in 4k or Dolby Atmos, just 1080p and 5.1. Obviously Patty Jenkins’s film deserves better! Maybe I’ll watch the 4k disc when it comes out, although I resent paying extra for it when HBO Max costs too much for an inferior product. (They just released V For Vendetta on 4k disc and did a great job with it. They also included a new interview with Lana and the director which oddly has a copyright year of 2005. But I digress.)

At the price Jason charges for HBO Max, 4k, Dolby Atmos, as well as a native Roku app should be standard (the new Roku-AirPlay workaround is too buggy).

I hope HBO Max gets their act together before the Snyder Cut comes out! Not holding my breath.

Hey Jason, are you listening? Or are you too busy firing people?

2 Likes

I was startled when I discovered HBO MAX lacks 4K support considering its price and the fact this site has it. Personally nothing is going to make the Synder cut look good but I digress. The reason I love seeing these movies in the theater is to see them on the largest screen available and even 3D. For WW84 not to have 4K at home is sad. I will wait for the 4K Blu-ray.

2 Likes

My buddy just texted me about this about 2days ago. I said they must’ve given up cuz on Fandome Patti said they were waiting til 2021 cuz it was made to be seen in the theater. I really wanted to go & support it. But I’ll crank it up on HBO Max & try to make it as much as a theater as possible. I just thought of this while typing. My bro in law has a theater in his house. It’s amazing. Leather recliners in 4 rows with cup holders. Speakers (surround sound) in the walls. It has tv, blu ray etc. I’m gonna be giving him a call & watching it there.

3 Likes

@capo-mage Just curious if you know what your bro-in-law has for a system. No problem if you can’t say, I just love that stuff too. I got a Marantz pre-pro going to Parasound amps driving Definitive Technology speakers. This might explain why HBO Max is so disappointing.

1 Like

I’ll ask him but idk offhand. There inside his walls and it literally shakes the seats and walls with bass.

1 Like

I’m doing a watch along but I’ll get back to ya’

1 Like

@capo-mage Sweet! I got my dedicated wiring in the walls for separate Dolby Atnos height speakers, just not sure in I want in-wall or on wall for those.

1 Like

I didn’t think watch along would run so long. I’ll ask him asap cuz he’s sleeping by now. I wish I could put a video of it on here but it won’t allow me to download any on here.

1 Like

I am so excited and i cant wait to see it :hugs:

2 Likes

Well a decked out home theater is a great way to watch it; hopefully AT&T will realize their error and launch 4K on their service.

2 Likes

HBOMAX has got to get that 4K support shored up. I still have my 1080p 60” 3-D Panasonic Plasma. So that won’t be a deal breaker for me. I already have HBOMAX on account of the generous bundle DCU & HBOMAX offered us. I will also be purchasing WW 1984 on 4K assuming it’s good.

5 Likes

I can’t wait! The drive-in by us is showing it, and they are doing a great job social distancing.

It’s a bummer that it can’t be shown in 3D, but still looking forward to it! Loved the first Wonder Woman film.

7 Likes

As soon as I heard this news, I got on the phone and called my mom to inform her that I had found our Christmas afternoon entertainment. She had no objection. She was all for it. She had seen the first (since, last year, I sat her down and convinced her to watch it) and is ready to see the sequel. Yay Christmas!

5 Likes

Wonderful news! It’s good to see some things get going again and new things being released. I’m feeling slightly less like I’m living in the Dark Ages.

4 Likes

I wish our drive-in would show it! Unfortunately, with the temperatures we get in December, our drive-in will be closed when WW1984 comes out. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

So why can’t it be on DC universe too? Why aren’t any of the newer movies on DC universe? It’s a shame you can’t even get Smallville on it. :angry:

You are aware come 2021 only comics and forums will be here. No more videos.

2 Likes

A couple of reasons:

1. Starting in January, DC Universe will become DC Universe Infinite, which will be a comics-only platform.

2. Even before the announcement of DC Universe Infinite, the DCEU films weren’t on here because of a prior licensing/streaming agreement with HBO. The reason Smallville isn’t on here is because it had a prior deal with Hulu. It helps none of these were advertised to be on DC Universe.

Hope this helps you.

5 Likes