WONDER WOMAN: BLOODLINES Reaction Thread - šŸšØ WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD šŸšØ

I know I am a bit late here, but I just havenā€™t had time to watch this one yet, until today. The movie started a bit slow, but boy did it pick up about halfway through. It has one of the (if not ā€œTHEā€) best fight scenes in an animated movie to date. That monster at the end was absolutely awesome. In fact, I hope McFarlane takes inspiration from that and creates an action figure based on Medusa.

I think this one is top three of the animated universe in my opinion. Canā€™t wait for more!

2 Likes

LOVE this movie!

2 Likes

Terrible movie. Hated every second. Poor writing, shitty plot. I am disgraced as a woman.

I agree with a few of the other comments that the film felt rushed. Perhaps itā€™s because I havenā€™t seen Justice League: War but the implication seems to be that Diana was needed to help fight off Parademons in manā€™s world immediatelyā€¦ then spends a few years learning about human culture from the doctor before she goes out as Wonder Woman.

That, however, is my main complaint. Such a well done film, and I really appreciated the way the lasso of truth worked. We are long, long overdue for a Wonder Woman animated series.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s also loosely based on The Eyes Of the Gorgon. My. Favorite WW storyline thatā€™s not a crossover. It was the scene I chose for the ā€œwhat scenes stood out to u thread.ā€ Such a great read & scene in this movie.

3 Likes

This was a decent film at best in my opinion. It forces way to many villains into one movie and I quite frankly didnā€™t care for just about all of them, except Silver Swan. A lot of the set up isnā€™t all that great and also the attempts of humor fell very flat and sometimes even awkward. As for positives, the third act battle sequence was very fun and enjoyable to watch (though, I wish Wonder Woman had stayed blind to make the third act feel more impactful). The suit change was also great. Definitely a watchable film but still weak when comparing to the 2009 Wonder Woman film in my opinion.

I agree, I never like when stuff with impact gets uno reversed at the end of the story. I would wish she stayed blind and maybe even Steve died, and the rest of the Amazonians.

1 Like

Yep I agree. They should have just taken the risk and have an ending thatā€™s more meaningful and sticks with the audience rather than the cliche happy ending with things ending perfectly and forgetting all the Amazons that got massacred :joy::joy:

I think the ending is justified. Wonder Woman is always going to recover, she did in the comics that this was lifted from. Steve dying would have been a major disappointment and would have been poorly received. Amazons always remember the fallen and still live on. Itā€™s the way they are always depicted.

2 Likes

Just finished WW Bloodlinesā€¦ holy batman that movie was DOPE! Wow venom to the eyes badass af!

Trilogy please and more JL. I want all of the things!

1 Like

Badass. Yet, the plot felt very dialogue heavy. We get it the girl feels inferior to Wonder Woman but sheā€™s literally a (demi)god so who wouldnā€™t. My main question was is it part of the main continuity and to my surprise it is. She keeps the same suit in the latest justice league dark movie. I donā€™t know why an origin story came so late and it felt heavily inspired off of the live action movie which made me feel like I saw some parts of it before. But when it dived into mythology it grabbed the Minotaur by the horns and didnā€™t let go. Great watch.

1 Like

Sucks so bad

Now that was a great movie! The characters were completely fleshed-out, their motivations were believable, and the final fight scene was just fantastic! It confused me a bit, whether this was in the War universe, but the costume change early on confirmed it. All in all, one of DCAUā€™s finest right here.

3 Likes

SPOILERS

I loved the movie! Just had a few questions like once the amazons return back to normal out of their frozen stoned state; the Amazonā€™s that got kicked and smashed by Medusa as statutesā€¦ did they just turn back to normal but as piles of mutilated flesh and bone?

And also the first line of defense against Medusa, there was an Amazon with one blind eye. When Wonder Woman blinded herself they healed her real quick with that purple rain thing. They couldnā€™t help the other one eye amazon with her vision or is that not part of Amazonian Health Care?

2 Likes

Honestly I think itā€™s plotholes.

2 Likes

I assumed so, I havenā€™t seen to many WW movies so i thought maybe i was missing something but thank you for your response =D

2 Likes

I finally saw this movie and really liked it! I thought seeing a bunch of WWā€™s rogues was fun, and I absolutely loved the fights with Silver Swan and Medusa - especially Medusa! I was also super excited to see Ferdinand! :slight_smile:

I liked Steve and Etta as Dianaā€™s backup (capable, but not goddess-level), and I enjoyed Etta and Steveā€™s back and forth dialogue for the most part.

I have a couple gripes, such as the fact that Vanessa was still a murderer, but seemed to just get away with itā€¦ I understand WW wanting to help her live and seek a better path, but this almost felt like Diana was just a-okay with her hurt friend murdering people. (Maybe she didnā€™t know about that? Iā€™ll go with that explanation in my headā€¦)

Also, a couple jokes fell flat, and I agree with some others that the royal speech scene with Ettaā€™s arms wrapped around two women on stage was out of place. (For that matter, why was Steve in his undershirt?) If they really wanted to show Etta with some Amazons, she could have been flirty in the healing chambers or afterwards as part of a celebration/feast or even just have her and Steve standing off to the side like Vanessa.

I do wish it were a bit longer to flush out some of the story beats and character moments in the back half like others mentioned, but overall this was a fun movie with some epic comic moments come to life! I also liked how it referenced various periods from WWā€™s history.