WONDER WOMAN: BLOODLINES Reaction Thread - 🚨 WARNING! SPOILERS AHEAD 🚨

I don’t understand all the loves…honestly. It skips around all over the place and references things that didn’t happen in the movie. It’s as if they took 6 random episodes across a 22 episode season and edited them together. It’s like the Suicide Squad movie.

I’m glad you liked it. Pass for me

3 Likes

I liked it just fine 7.5/10. We now have several different versions of Wonder Woman and if compared to the last animated film and the live action movie, which all told her origin. I’d say this one was the weakest. I think the live action did an overall better job, but this movie had a better final battle. The animation work is great glad it is not CGI. It’s cool they sort of showed off the variety of her villains, but sort felt a lack of concentration.

While the minor nudity was a treat for me personally; because of it and the swearing I have to wait till my nieces older to watch it with her…

4 Likes

I wasn’t really happy with the change to Wonder Woman’s origin and still feel it was unnecessary. Other than that the movie was decent. I loved having multiple villains, kind of fleshing out a good rogue’s gallery. It’s not my favorite among DC animation and I probably wont give it a 2nd viewing. 5/10 is the best I can give it.

1 Like

OKAY. 3 things:

1. INVISIBLE JET!!!
  2. Why is there so much… deadpool writing? The 1 liners got old after a while
  3. When she sprayed the poison in her eyes… I FELT THAT.

Overall I thought it was good though! 7/10

2 Likes

Just finished. Very comic book accurate with a few slight, very acceptable changes. Also, my favorite WW comic book moment, although different from the way it went down in the comic. The eyes of Gorgon!!! I’m happy with the changes they made. To me, reading a comic is basically a movie in my head. It would be boring if it was 100% no different then what I read. Another great DCU animated movie imho.

3 Likes

Can you point me to the WW books this was inspired by? I would like to read them and then try the movie again. Thx

1 Like

A combination of a lot. Ruckas run, marstons origin, all parts from multiple WW comics since the beginning. Slight changes but the basis or core was still there. Basically a lil bit of multiple WW comics throughout the history of her story. Ferdinand & Eyes of the Gorgon are Rucka, origin of Trevor Marston except instead of being in a nazi aircraft as a spy it was changed to a parademon attack. Our worlds at war for the Darkseid invading Themyscira. Vanessa Kapatelis, Veronica Cale living with the Kapatelis’ in Boston was WW vol 2. They left out Dr. Psychos involvement but Veronica Cale was behind everything that went into spreading hate & distrust towards her, including creating Silver Swan. It’s just a little borrowed from the majority of her story over the years.

3 Likes

Reviews like this are rare even among professionals. On a standard discussion board, they’re almost non-existent. hank you for framing your opinions in a way that is clear, accessible, and FAIR.

2 Likes

Thank you :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah, like when they get the Minotaur. All of a sudden he’s moved into her house and acts like a gentleman? There were a lot of rushed parts of the movie.

3 Likes

Absolutely anytime.

2 Likes

Thank you. That is very nice of you to say. :smiley:

1 Like

With a name like Ferdinand, of course he is a Gentleman lol

3 Likes

What a FANTASTIC movie!!! DCAU has done it again! LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! 10 out of 10

3 Likes

I was literally going to post this movie just proved even further to me how amazing a WW animated series would be. Kudos for getting there first. I read all the comments as soon as I finished, idk how I missed that one of yours til just now. It seems so obvious to me. The only Trinity member w/o one & the only female Trinity member. I may be extremely biased since WW is the reason I became a DC fan as a kid. The more I see other people feel the same way, the less I think it’s personal opinion & just a fact that it should have happened.

3 Likes

Wonder Woman tends to be the most overlooked character of DC…

2 Likes

LOVED this movie. Perfectly demonstrated Diana has a full and complex rogues gallery of her own, as well as fun side-cast and drama. More WW always please!

4 Likes

Thought it was an awesome movie. The fights were great. Ferdinand was the best. Just a fun great movie. Makes me want to see more WW come out.

4 Likes

Stunning! “Bloodlines” is a masterful take on our legendary heroine!

3 Likes

Starts a bit slow, but it sure does pick up. Enjoyable and recommended.

3 Likes