Wonder Woman 3 Is Canceled

We’re gonna’ get BOTH of our hero’s movies. Yep.

#ReleaseWonderWomanThree
#ReleaseBatgirl

:00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_batgirl1:

5 Likes

YES!

And then the tv show: Wonder Woman/Batgirl Super Team-up!

6 Likes

That tweet says absolutely nothing.

It is best to accept that James Gunn is not a savior but simply a professional trying to make things better who will inevitably make big mistakes along the way that hopefully we decide is worth the good he will do.

4 Likes
4 Likes

OMG Yes! :purple_heart: :raised_hands:

4 Likes

It does suck especially since I LOVED WW84 but I’ve already moved on. It’s just a movie. Some people treat this as if their mother died or something.

6 Likes

This is a good possibility. They can’t threaten Ms. Gadot by announcing they’re going forward with a movie called The Trench but they can say they aren’t sensing profitability under the current arrangement

4 Likes

( saracasm )

Shocker, W.W.3 Canceled and a hard reboot is coming,

I read an article I forgot where that stated that Gunn isn’t going to make everyone happy, which, is a tiny bit off putting but I think I want to lean more on the he was just pointing out the obvious, because ya cant please everyone.

But if he goes off the rails, that is a different story, like if he is just frothing at the mouth to be like ha ha ha ha ima make everyone wear CGI Costumes, and have british accents, cause why not, and then ima call up ben affleck and matt damon and ask if i can borrow one of their padded helmets so i can come up with some awesome ideas and maybe see if they want to help me write up some scripts,

and maybe this time, matt damon can play superman and ben affleck can come back as batman omg that would be so cool,

yeah no thanks.

who knows what anyone in DC or Warns Bros is thinking anymore, I suspect they don’t care all that much.

and then as a collective they wonder why they are not beating Marvel in the box office, I don’t know about the physical sales of comics cause i dont follow that.

an i dont care cause i am hooked on DC

but yeah. Not shocked it was canceled.

And I wont be surprise if I am 80 yrs old before a really great DC movie featuring the Trinity, their origins leading up to the Justice League which includes Cyborg , Green Lantern, and Martian Manhunter.

Then stand alone movies of characters, based on one story from a series of each character, and not a mash up of characters and stories into one and not some bird brain story either.

I mean the work on, hmmm what story should we make this movie about in regards to DC Superhero movies, has been done, one can physically look up any series in the DC archives, and look up how it faired, and make it into a movie, and dont make drastic changes from it.

1 Like

Currently just sounds like rewriting the script.

2 Likes

Agreed. Gadot is pure grace in the role and I absolutely love her in it but I’m really looking forward to what Gunn could do with the character under his mindful shepardship

5 Likes

Headlines notwithstanding, the actual texts of THR and Deadline’s articles do not actually say what it is widely being claimed that they do. What the text of said articles actually say is that the status of Wonder Woman 3 is now in flux after Patty jenkins’ script treatment was rejected.

This is further demonstrated by reporting from The Wrap, which both clarifies that Jenkins refused to rework her rejected treatment and walked away and explicitly states that there is still a desire to work with Gal Gadot should she be willing to continue on as Wonder Woman sans Jenkins.

6 Likes

Am glad to see that i was in fact wrong in my assessments. Def a possibility for the film to continue forward movement provided Gunn and Safran can sign on a new helmer then. Good stuff!

:smiley: :+1: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

5 Likes

Unfortunate that she left.

3 Likes

The Wrap isn’t really the most reliable source either, but I dunno, with some of the stuff she was doing with the whole HBO Max fiasco, I wouldn’t be shocked if that was how it went down. I doubt we’ll ever know for certain.

I do hope that the idea of Gal continuing on sans Jenkins is true. I think someone has said in this thread that Gal is a producer for the WW movies, so with Gunn and Safron talking about a Pixar style approach to WB Studios, I would not be surprised if they bring in Gal and they collaborate on what Diana’s role will be in the DCU.

5 Likes

I used to believe this too, and then I actually did some research into the site and its founder, and the truth is that its journalistic integrity is on par with The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, Deadline, and Entertainment Weekly.

3 Likes

True. The Wrap has been a solid entertainment news source for quite some time.

3 Likes

Fair enough – I’ve just seen so much wackadoo and false stuff come out in these articles, even from respected sources, that it’s just hard to trust any of them 100%. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I’m not sure what ‘respected sources’ you think have reported falsehoods recently, but knowing what I do about journalism, any journalistic institution that has an earned reputation of consistent and credible reporting is going to follow strict procedures to ensure that what they’re reporting is as accurate as they can make it and issue retractions or corrections if/when they do get things wrong.

And, yes, this includes entities like The Hollywood Reporter, Deadline, Variety, The Wrap, and Entertainment Weekly.

2 Likes

I’m actually more a viewer of DC TV projects than movies, but it is still disappointing. WW84 wasn’t THAT bad.

5 Likes

The title of this thread is false, and so there is nothing to be disappointed about.

The film’s future is now in flux when it wasn’t previously due to Jenkins’ script treatment being rejected, but it hasn’t been cancelled outright.

4 Likes