WONDER WOMAN 1984 📺 Watch-Along/Trivia! MONDAY 💥 11/21 @ 5pm PST/8p EST

Wrong year, but I have to drop this. (In case anyone needs this next time they’re on Jeopardy) :purple_heart: Twas the first video ever aired on MTV :point_down:

Ps. :eyes: Pssst @AntLeon you working this night?

12 Likes

:laughing: :hugs:

5 Likes

Not so fast, says Freddie and the gang from Queen

8 Likes

Is there a greater male rock singing than Freddie Mercury? That’s a rhetorical question

6 Likes

Thank you, @Razzzcat! :hugs:

5 Likes

There was so much great music on MTV in those early years, and if you go to the Internet Archive web page, you can find videotape recordings of classic MTV, commercials and all. I’ve downloaded many of them, and I’ve accumulated a good sized collection of vintage Music Television. One of my favorite videos was The Cars You Might Think, not necessarily the song. It was mainly because I had a big crush on the woman in the video. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

(yes)

5 Likes

Wow, you guys sure have a lot of 1984 trivia! The only 80’s trivia I know starts in 1985, which (aside from being the year I was born) was the year the Nintendo Entertainment System launched with Super Mario Bros and changed gaming forever! And then things got even better in 1986 with the release of The Legend of Zelda. I’ve still got that gold cartridge, even without an NES to play it on.

6 Likes

We are now one week away from our WW84 WAL! Here are some videos to get you hyped. :tada:

9 Likes

Also, I just want to spotlight Lilly Aspell, who plays young Diana. She went from being “I’m cutting classes to watch the adults train” baby Diana in the 2017 film, to “I’m just gonna win Amazon Ninja Warrior and leave the adults in the dust” 10-year-old Diana in WW84.

On the blu ray and digital purchase versions of the movie, you can see how she trained to perform all her own stunts for that amazing opening film sequence. What an talented kid. I really hope they bring her back for Wonder Woman 3. :star_struck:

8 Likes

:rofl: I love this. I can see it. :yellow_heart:

I only see two questions on the quiz that I know. :face_with_peeking_eye: I’ll put my sad “gnarly” badge on and go to my corner.

9 Likes

That’s one of my favorite parts of the movie. I’d like to see her come back too.

7 Likes

:face_with_diagonal_mouth: Someday we’ll line something up, so more cahooting can take place.

lol, You don’t have to hide in a corner :hugs: It’s okay. Also thanks! :laughing: :purple_heart: I’ll take that as a compliment.

10 Likes

Hi @StrangeVisitor! :wave::smile: Welcome! I hope you can join us for the movie. :purple_heart: Especially having it be a first time viewing! (Great avatar, btw)

10 Likes

That kid did an awesome job

5 Likes

1984 Albums I bought
1984 - Van Halen
The Smiths - The Smiths
Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads
Learning to Crawl - The Pretenders
The Unforgettable Fire - U2
Ocean Rain - Echo and the Bunnymen

My sweetie made me buy Footloose

7 Likes

I just want to assure everyone that, no matter what may or may not happen in this movie, there are realities out there where things end well for Diana and Steve:

11 Likes

I hope there’s one where they’re a super couple known either as “Steana” or “Dive”.

8 Likes

Oh, you mean Earth-E!..

5 Likes

Pedro Pascal Bio:

Pedro Pascal, born José Pedro Balmaceda Pascal in 1975, fled the military dictatorship in Chile with his family, eventually settling in the U.S. Pascal dreamt of being an actor, fascinated with classic and popular films. He became so enthralled by Indiana Jones that he broke his arm on two separate occasions pretending to be the character. After studying acting in New York, he took on the name Pedro Pascal in honor of his deceased mother. After years as a journeyman actor, including a role in the 2011 Wonder Woman television pilot, Pascal’s got his big break. Long-time friend Sarah Paulson shared an audition recording of Pedro with Amanda Peet, the wife of a Game of Thrones producer in 2013. He followed a season of Thrones with a starring turn in Netflix’s Narcos and hasn’t looked back. From Wonder Woman 1984 to the Mandalorian, Pascal has become a sought-after star.

Base on information from:
https://www.biography.com/actor/josé-pedro-balmaceda-pascal

9 Likes