Wonder Woman 1984 Campaign

December 8, 2019:

The first trailer debuts for Wonder Woman 1984 at CCXP. The entire panel is live streamed. Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot tease a few things about the movie and present the trailer.

February 2, 2020:

Tide Super Bowl LIV Commercial 2020 features Charlie Day and Wonder Woman 1984.

October 21, 2019:

New promotional image for #WW84 was tweeted out by Patty Jenkins. CCXP in Brazil is in December (5th-8th), so it seems the trailer might drop around that time. Is this a cool way to celebrate Day of Wonder or what?

Happy Wonder Woman Day!

Empire’s 2020 Preview Issue

December 8, 2019:

Wonder Woman reveals new character posters for Steve Trevor, Barbara Minerva, and Maxwell Lord at CCXP.

February 29, 2020:

DC Universe reveals the 2020 Meta Madhouse at C2E2 which includes a chance to win tickets to the premiere of Wonder Woman 1984.

March 24, 2020:

WB delays the release of Wonder Woman 1984 to August 14, 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic happening worldwide.

77 Likes

I made this into a Wiki so it can serve as a place where we all come to add whenever new promotional material is released for Wonder Woman 1984. We’ll have trailers and images all in one place and we’ll be able to discuss it all here.

17 Likes

Say hey, that’s pretty sweet.

8 Likes

Right? I love how they’re leaning into the 80’s even for the promos.

Reminds me of Miami Vice :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Fitting you’d reference a Don Johnson TV show from the past, when he’s in a brand spankin’ new DC TV show. :+1:

9 Likes

We gotta watch the Watchmen… I’ll just be waiting for HBO Max :sweat_smile:

I’m hoping the Wonder Woman campaign goes even more 80’s

6 Likes

I was going to go the HBO Max route for it, but after last night, no way Jose. I’m hooked.

3 Likes

Cool! Funny, her wearing the sunglasses reminds me of the story in Gail Simone’s run where she oversees a movie being made of her and it all goes to hell. I think with these flicks, she’d approve. :slight_smile:

21 Likes

@Jay_Kay That was a good arc. Heck, all of Simone’s run was great.

8 Likes

Well, that image from Gail Simone’s run just sold me even more on WW84!

I’m really excited for this movie.

7 Likes

Diana was indulging her inner David Caruso too.

5 Likes

That image is incredible! Bring on the '80s vibe! :laughing:

7 Likes

Right? DC always excels with their posters, IMO.

5 Likes

It will be interesting to see how much of the ‘80s they get historically accurate vs looking through a 40 year history lens.

How much of the turmoil of that time (social, political & religious) will we see. Can’t wait to find out.

8 Likes

While I’m no expert, it looked like they were pretty accurate with the WWI time period. I also remember hearing that 84 would be doing more than just the aesthetic of the 80s, but would have stuff relating to the more tumultuous parts of the era, like the AIDS epidemic.

Also, with the name 1984, I’m willing to bet there’s going to be some themes of surveillance culture that will be relevant even to today.

7 Likes

That why I think it will be interesting. They did a great Jon with WWI in the last movie, however, WWI is pretty much resigned to history. Very few people still alive that went through WWI. Not so with the 80’s.

7 Likes

I love this so very much! :open_mouth: As others have said, it just screams the 80’s in the best way possible. I can’t wait to see Wonder Woman in a new age. This is going to be so much fun!

10 Likes

It’s great that we can have a Wonder Woman/Diana story set in pretty much any time period. Next, the future? I just love how that image for CCXP looks like an old postcard.

6 Likes

Now I’m picturing Wonder Woman teaming up with the Legion of Super-Heroes and I’m just thinking “SIGN ME THE HECK UP.”

6 Likes

Can’t wait for this one

6 Likes