Wish You Were Here: A Postcard from Paradise!

Dear Jillian,

Yea, this is Paradise Island.  I spend most of my time half in bird form because of that rule about no guys on Paradise Island.  No feet on the ground, but I can perch on all of the railings and tree branches that I want.  And, they gave both me and Roy these magic rolling carpet things that stay between our boots and the sand if we really do wanna walk around.  The beach is wild-- I know you'd love it.  Donna's promised me she'll bring you here, someday.   The rain forests feel like home, even to a guy like me.  That purple healing ray thingee worked great on Karen's wings.  But-- that's not the only amazing thing it did!

(over)
You remember that waiter from that café-- Dennis? The one who thought he shoulda been born a girl? SHE’S here! Yea! I said she! She’s Denise now! It’s like an Amazonian outreach program for trans people or something! She really is a girl! The Purple Healing Ray did it – like matched her body to her heart and soul, you know? She’s got me takin’ pics so you can see! She’s hot! But, y’know, not as hot as you…

Missing you,
Gar

1 Like

As someone sometimes tasked with ferrying the supernatural back to the mortal realm, I have to admit to taking a peek at a few of these postcards… Or all of them. I hope you don’t mind if I offer just a word or two in reply to a few of your lovely letters.

I promise that I will try to give word back to you all in time!

Dear @Misfit,

Thank you for the note, even if it wasn’t to me. It was so very interesting to learn about the laws of Paradise Island! Turning into birds to avoid the wrath of the Amazons was a clever idea, indeed. Sometimes the letter of the law is what binds these old rules and I am very thoroughly impressed with how you’ve used it to your benefit. That is, after all, one of the jobs of a good sorcerer - just ask Constantine.

Dear @RavenBoy,

I’m almost afraid to ask what your joke was! It’s never wise to anger the Amazonians, you might find yourself with a punishment worse than sleeping in the stables.

I’m happy to hear that, in spite of your humor, you’re still living in paradise (Get it, because it’s Paradise Island?).

Dear @RollingThunder 06,

What a lovely letter! I am glad that you are all having such a sweet time while on the island. Staying in the library while in paradise does sound just like Babs, too. Try to see if you can get her out in the sun for at least a few minutes?

Speak soon!

Dear @Purpleguy23,

I am double checking my spellbooks to make sure that isn’t an incantation of some kind. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

While I am not opposed to you taking a souvenir, I’d suggest not stealing one of their clay women. We mods might not be able to protect you from an Amazonian’s wrath.

Dear @fansumtheory.16165,

For some reason, leaving Mera for an Amazonian strikes me as a very bad idea. Something tells me Flash might know why…

Dear @NYJt3,

I’m afraid that I can’t find the bottom half of the postcard. Frankly, I am impressed that it managed to make it into my stack of letters at all! I can only imagine that either your rage faded and you mailed it, or the Amazonians saw it fit to send it off after a battle. The latter, at least, might be considered combat training?

I hope you are well.

Dear @BlueReaper,

What a sweet postcard! I’ve passed it along to the rest of the Bat Family and they assure me that Gotham is under control at the moment. Batman was really quite insistent, in fact. Pay no mind to the scorches on the letter, they have everything under control.

3 Likes

annataZ@
Yeah he said something about a Paradox :anguished:
Was just trying to be funny forgive me for my trespasses.

2 Likes

@Zatanna
(Written by Atrocitus)

Thank you for your concern. But all is well. I just had teach my fellow Red Lanterns a lesson in vacation planning.

2 Likes

Thank you DC Mods for picking my post card very cool! I’m glad y’all liked it and hope it gave you a laugh. :blush:

2 Likes

@ Zatanna, lol I was hoping my dabble in the Craft wouldn’t be too obvious :smiling_imp:

I have to tell you, waking up this morning to find my letter being shared and having recognition from DCU fealt amazing. I even screamed, “Great Hera!”

Thank you for making my day, week, month!!!

2 Likes

It’s so wonderful to hear back from all of you still visiting Paradise Island! :slight_smile: I wanted to touch on a few more of these lovely postcards today, as well.

Dear @Vroom,

My friend, I’ve heard that Themiscara is a magic user’s dream. From your letter, it sounds like it’s that and so much more. I’ve walked through your city before, more than once, and can only imagine the majesty you must be seeing to spark such awe.

I wish you very well on your quest.

Dear @nu52,

Oh no! It sounds like you’re afflicted with quite a bit of man trouble at the moment. I’ll see if we can’t get a Leaguer out your way to negotiate with the Amazonians about releasing Brad. Preferably before it causes an international incident.

In the meantime, enjoy the beaches!

Dear @Dickgrayson37Robin1,

I can’t think of anyone else who could get Raven to try on a bikini! Just be sure to clear sending that picture to Dick, alright? It’s never very wise to anger a mage and Raven is a particularly p owerful magic user.

I wish I was there with the rest of you! Maybe if Harley causes more trouble, I could convince Batman that it’s a business trip. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes