Wish You Were Here: A Postcard from Paradise!

Hey all, thank you for the submissions! We will start responding to you in short order this weekend. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Raven Postcard Version

Beast Boy

Having to spend a weekend with Kori is very stressful, even on a beautiful island like Themyscira .

I wanted to soak up the culture here but all Starfire wants to do is soak up the sun, participate in tournaments and feast.

I was about to teleport myself home when a young nerdy Amazon asked to be in a play.

Gar, I got to play a Fury, you know the ones who took down Sandman. I had a lot of fun.

1 Like
           ....Amazons....

Dear DCU,

I keep trying to use one-click ordering and they keep telling me they’re “not that kind of Amazon.”

Clearly, this is all an elaborate scheme. I’ll get to the bottom of it yet.

-Bats

1 Like

@BatJamags -
Are you sure you’re happiest above the beach instead of on it? If the beaches there are anything like the ones we’re used to, there’s plenty more to see below than above. Anything sounds better than a swamp, though, so whatever floats your aero-disks. :wink:

Don’t forget to take pictures, btw.
You know the ones on the postcards never do those places justice.

@mysterious_pumpkin -
I like the alliteration in “Pandemonium in Paradise” best, personally. What you described also sounds more like… well, “pandemonium” vs. one’s run of the mill “trouble.”

No worries about spelling, for now, either, as at minimum, the pictures, alone, sound like they’ll be worth a thousand words as they are. I can’t wait to see them, and you, of course.

Great work, as ever, but that was to be expected, considering the source, yes? :slight_smile:

Kori postcard

Dick Grayson,
Me, and the rest of us DC woman are having lots of fun on Themyscira. It is strange to be on an island with no men and I miss you so. Wonder woman and Wonder girl keep arguing, and somebody let Harley Quinn on the island. We had much fun fighting Harley and the other female villains. I then convinced Raven to wear a bikini with me (I will send you pictures later). I also need you to write me back because I heard some woman whispering about the woman heros leaving and nightwing and the other men almost destroying half the city. I hope you are doing okay I will be home soon.
Love, Kory

3 Likes

4th wall break!!! I stole Steve Rogers Shield & Suit/Hair Cut and jump back to here is im captain America now?

1 Like

4th wall break the Toronto Raptors got a 3-1 lead over the Golden State Warriors just like Marvel over DC all cuz of Henry mustache gate, Light & Dark movie rush Funny jokes, Cancelling SwampThing, And General Zod wearing sandals. XD

1 Like

Dear Julia Roberts,

Hey, JuJu. It’s NuNu. I know Brad Pitt probably told you all about me being trapped in a swamp last week. Well, I finally managed to escape. Turns out my ex turned out to be a big green slime ball. Not just because he stopped wearing designer flip flops and started chasing that CDC doctor around town, but he literally turned really green and slimy.

Anyway, I had to get away and what better getaway than Paradise Island, right? The sands are so soft, the water warm. The sun has kissed my skin ever so wonderfully. The ocean mist is divine. The only problem now is that Brad went looking for me at the swamp and they told him I was here. You know Brad, he ran straight here and the Amazons arrested him because of the whole no men thing. Well, JuJu, the queen here happens to be a big fan of yours! If you can could you put in a good word for Brad? I’d love to try to help him, but I’m a little busy on the beach. I mean, I can’t leave until my tan is even. You know how it goes.

Your sort of friend,

Nu52

3 Likes

Dearest Arthur,

I have found this “Paradise Island” that Vulko spoke of. I’ve informed Queen Hippolyta of my purpose for being on her people’s soil and how the Sword of Atlantis may be hidden somewhere on Themyscira. My quest begins shortly.

After a day on the beach that is. Diana’s descriptions of this place were but snippets of the majesty, grace and power I’ve been privy to so far. How could she leave all of this? She is indeed a wonder.

The beach is calling. My best to you and Vulko.

Your everlasting beacon of love in the ocean’s depths,

Mera

4 Likes

Hey Bruce;

Diana thought I should visit Paradise Island during the summer. You know better than anyone how much I hate being away from the lovely Gotham City. Tell the rest of the bat-family that I’ll see them in a week or so.

Yours truly,
Barbara Gordon

3 Likes

Written by Atrocitus

Dear Red Lantern Corps,

Thank you for this vacation. You were right I should be learn to relax to control my rage. Themyscira is so much better than that HELLISH SWAMP. The beaches were just what I needed. Now I want try some of that combat training.

I was just informed that are only permitted here. WHY DIDN’T ANY OF INFORM ME OF THIS!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRR

(rips the bottom of the post card off).

2 Likes

Typo on the card. It’s supposed to say “only woman are permitted here”

Another typo. Supposed to say “ANY OF YOU INFORM”

Dear Mera,

Sorry my love, but I think I will stay.
Sure hope it doesn’t cause a paradox in some way.
But…
I wanna be where the Themyscirans are, I wanna see, see em dancing. Riding around on those what do call them oh Notseahorse!
They’re always, fightin and flippin even skinny dippin. Oh I must tell Kaldur’ahm what he is missin.
Strolling down the shores using hydrokinesis, to keep water under feet so I don’t stand on their beaches.
Wondering free, most dolphinitely, think I’ll just be, part of this world.

Sorry babe
Aquamon out.:trident:

2 Likes

Dearest Batman,
Though times with you in Gotham are immeasurable
Time on Paradise Island has been pleasurable.
My time on the beaches were for play
Yet I found a destiny shaped of clay.
I hope to bring back a treasure of the Gods
Only if permitted by
The DCU mods.

Sincerely,
Purpleguy23

2 Likes

Hey, Tim!
I’m having an amazing time with the girls, I’m so happy Diana let us come home with her! Babs has been at the library, and I’ve been with Kate on the beach, cause it’s paradise, ya know? I hope you’ve been having a good summer. I miss you!

• Steph
2 Likes

Dear N̶i̶g̶h̶t̶w̶i̶n̶g̶ Ric.

I’m having a “Wonder”-ful time in Themyscira (get it? Like Wonder woman?). Donna is allowing me to sleep in a stable, while were here. I’m not allowed in the palace, apparently. Something to do with me being disrespectful to The Queen. You make one Joke While in the shape of a giant kangaroo, and you’re a bad guy, all of a sudden.
Anyway, We wish you Lot’s of love From Paradise, Bird Boy.

Your’s Truly, Beast Boy (And The Titans)

6 Likes

@HubCityQuestion
Working vacations are still the worst, whether there are air quotes or not.

But speaking of island paradises, please do bring back a “souvenir” or two (or three, or four). It sounds like whatever you hope to bring back could be enough to not only perk us all up but, perhaps fix an unwatered ficus, as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like