Why do so many people want DC Universe to fail?

It’s existence doesn’t hurt them or what they like.

2 Likes

People are jerks.

4 Likes

Guess I am in the dark. I didn’t know they di

5 Likes

some men just want to watch the corn burn

4 Likes

I think they’re lashing out against the fracturing of services with the end of the Golden Age of streaming. You can’t get every show and movie ever made off Netflix anymore, and that makes people mad.

8 Likes

One thing Netflix never had, though, was comics. And it makes sense to offer as much DC media as possible in one place.

10 Likes

@HubCityQuestion That makes sense

1 Like

People like watching things burn. In the early days of the service, I was very amused by how terrible it was.

It was pretty bad when it started. It’s come so far though. I was really disappointed with it, but now I spend way too much time on it.

4 Likes

I didn’t know people were actively seeking its failure, but it is understandable people see their costs increasing as content becomes more fragmented. I for one would prefer everything WB under one service. I am retired and don’t see myself paying for two streaming services.

3 Likes

I don’t understand it, either. It’s like it’s very existence offends them or gets in the way of other services they want to succeed. Rather than letting it be and doing their own thing, they come here to instigate, poke and annoy in an effort to belittle the service and those who like it. If they want to waste their time, that’s on them. The rest of us enjoy this service. We subscribe because we love the comics, shows, movies, and the original shows where we get a new episode every week.

I think they were hoping with the HBO Max announcement that it would confirm the rumors they heard from clickbait sites and the service would be absorbed into this, giving them a reason to celebrate at it’s “failure” When that didn’t happen and when the shows got renewed, you saw an influx of people threatening to “cancel their yearly subscription” if changes weren’t made. Yea, we all saw right through that.

The fact of the matter is, the service is about to hit one year, which I know sticks in the craw of those who were hoping DC Universe would fail. It didn’t. The best revenge we can have is to continue enjoying the content. This service is to celebrate what we love about DC, and believe me, many of us are doing just that!

2 Likes

I don’t have a problem with the fragmenting of streaming. People will just share their logins with their friends and family and we will get even more niche media.

1 Like

I think especially with Marvel’s service being just comics, some are jealous that DCU has comics, old tv, lots of animated series and animated films, classic films (Batman 89 quad, and the Reeves Superman, now Watchmen) plus 6 original series, 3 of which have gotten picked up for a second season. Plus Krypton. (Who knows, maybe we get Pennyworth or HBO Watchmen after their initial broadcast runs. Not saying we will, but getting Krypton was a nice surprise, and well received, so it’s POSSIBLE. That is purely speculation on my part.)

With Netflix not having exclusive rights to 2019 CWVERSE shows, might those start to end up here as well after their broadcast runs???

Even with just what we know has been officially confirmed, there is a lot for people to be jealous of.

To be fair, that’s a lot of DC media in one place.

1 Like

People sharing their logins will become less viable at some point. Since it does violate the user agreement and that technology is getting better.

Some insecure, shallow people mistake crapping on things that are popular or loved by some as a cool/tough intellectual attitude. It’s the “I used to love that band until they became popular, now they suck” attitude. The anonymity and reach of social media compounds this effect. If you can’t be happy with yourself maybe taking away a little tiny bit of happiness from someone else will help. Frack ‘em.

1 Like

I agree with msgtv. On the flip side, some people take criticism of something as mal intentioned and trolling.

This is all just symptomatic of a general Western widespread derangement I call outrage culture. We are all addicted at being outraged about everything. We’ve lost the ability to hear people who disagree with us and give them the benefit of a doubt that they are good people with good intentions who simply came to a different perspective. It’s a real problem.

5 Likes

because they are trolls

2 Likes

I personally was never fond of the idea of Netflix having everything, because that would lead to Netflix having a monopoly which would lead to really high and unjustified prices and that doesn’t help anyone and potentially Netflix snuffing out the competition depending on the deals they make with the companies providing content. Are there too many services now? Sure, but this is better than the alternative, and I think DC Universe is justified in existing with all these comics available.

1 Like

Haters gonna hate.

2 Likes

Batwatch yep, that’s the flip side. The slightest criticism is taken by some as a full scale attack on all they hold dear, resulting in a scorched earth response. Also, my back is sore today so all my answers are cranky and I’m just gonna lean into it.

1 Like