Who's Your Seventh Justice League Member?

I think we can agree that the iconic Justice League lineup includes the Trinity, a Green Lantern, Flash, and Aquaman, but who is the seventh member in your head? Is it Cyborg? Martian Manhunter? HawkGirl? or someone else completely? Let me know!

10 Likes

I like Cyborg as the 7th member. Unique character and power set.

Also like it being a wildcard with a rotating cast depending on the situation :slightly_smiling_face:.

6 Likes

I suppose mine is Martian Manhunter even though I’m not that big of a fan of his. Must be because of the animated Justice League cartoon as that was really my first exposure to the JLA.

10 Likes

Martian Manhunter. Cyborg always has the Titans. What does J’onn have?

10 Likes

My thoughts exactly. Plus, Cyborg is such a great part of Titans that it just feels wrong tp take him away from the team.

5 Likes

Good point. The adoration of the people?

Sorry… bad joke… couldn’t help it :joy:

7 Likes

It’s not a Justice League without J’onn, IMO. He’s what binds the whole team together.

11 Likes

Martian manhunter.

7 Likes

Zatanna, need a little more girl power.
Maybe even Powergirl.

11 Likes

Definitely Martian manhunter

7 Likes

Here is a good reason for why J’onn is so essential. During the 90s, he provided the telepathic link to the entire Justice League when carrying out duties. While comms could be disrupted, via compromising the watchtower or whichever location is their central hub, our favorite Martian was highly resistant to mind control and could provide comms through his level of telepathy and with great range, which, if you can also count crossovers, spanned through interstellar distances, especially during the battle against Krona while partnering with the Avengers.

Other abilities include super speed and strength and visions that are comparible with Superman’s. Unlike Superman, he also displays cellular manipulation that allows shapeshifting, invisibility, and phasing through objects…the latter two, Supes may be able to achieve through vibrating at extremely high speeds, while J’onn J’onzz does it with ease. Only Earth-2 Superman was able to shape shift to a very limited degree (mainly to hide his secret identity).

5 Likes

They have power, they need tech.

Cy

3 Likes

Of all the JLA incarnations, I think the JL/JLU series has the best core 7. So put in J’ohhn and kick out Aquaman and replace with Hawkgirl.

Make Aquaman an honorary member for when things get wet. Also have Cyborg act as a technical consultant, and use Oracle & Mr. Terrific in those type of roles as well.

3 Likes

For me, it’s got to be Shazam, he blends so well with flash and Superman and is without a doubt in the JLA power level, plus he has a different set of powers to the others. Cyborg isn’t as strong, and Martian man hunter just isn’t as fleshed out or intriguing as Shazam, he is just another alien. But Shazam is different so he’s the 7th member

4 Likes

I can understand that sentiment, but I’m wondering more of who you think is THE seventh member, not who you think SHOULD be the seventh member. When you subconsciously think of the JL, who do you picture as the last member? What is your knee-jerk, auto-fill-in last member.

5 Likes

Batman 2.0

2 Likes

ManHunterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

6 Likes

Martian Manhunter IS the Justice League. He really doesn’t have an identity separate from the team. I mean, he has a couple of separate solo arcs, but those are few and far between. J’onn is the first non-trinity member that I think of when I think about the Justice League.

8 Likes

It definitely has to Manhunter. He’s the glue the holds them. Plus cyborg had always been more of a titans person to me.

7 Likes

I’d argue that your making the implication the 6 you give are 6 members that have to be put in. Your opinion I get, and I can respect that.

I gotta admit, after reading the JLA including back issues going all the way back to showcase, I was glad when Aquaman was left off of JL/JLU. MM & Hawkgirl were much better fits than Aquaman ever was.

Hell, I’d rather see Batman booted off and replaced by The Atom.

Batman & Superman weren’t even founding members of either the JLA or JSA.

2 Likes