Classic! Having both Hawks is a good call. Why have one when you can have both.
The Flash (Wally West)
Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
Cyborg (history with the Titans intact)
The Atom (Ryan Choi)
Took a lot longer for Shazam to show up than I expected. He’s my first call if my team is out matched.
My introduction to the JL was Justice League Unlimited, so my instinct would generally be to go all “Give me EVERYONE.”
That’s probably not a helpful answer, so I’m going to put some limits on myself. Ten members, not identical to any preexisting roster, and no more than one character from any given family (Bats, speedsters, Lanterns, etc.).
So, working through this with an eye towards keeping in “staple” characters and focusing on people who have a history with the team, but trying to find some variety within those parameters, I’m coming up with this lineup (listed in the order in which they joined the team):
Martian Manhunter. Probably chairman. It isn’t the League without him.
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan). I waffled a bit about this because I didn’t want too many of these characters to be Silver Age founders, but Hal is still my favorite GL. If not him, I’d probably have chosen John Stewart or Jessica Cruz.
Wonder Woman: Duh.
Superman: Also duh.
Batman: The Duh Knight Strikes Again.
Black Canary. Not that essential from eithen an in- or out-of-universe perspective, but she’s one of my favorite characters and has a long history with the team, so I figured we could spare the seat for her.
Zatanna. The League always feels a little under-equipped for dealing with magical problems. And Zatanna has interesting dynamics with several typical members, but never seems to actually make it onto the main cast of any JL series other than JLD. (Well, not since her original Bronze Age tenure with the team, obviously.)
Mister Miracle. Also good to have a Fourth World representative on hand.
Captain Atom. Adds another heavy-hitter and is a generally underrated character.
The Flash (Wally West). This was kind of a no-brainer for me. I mean, I like Jay, but he’s more associated with the JSA, and I like Bart, but mainly as Impulse. And alive though he may technically be, Barry Allen remains dead to me.
I really wanted to fit Oracle in, but I promised only one Bat and I meant it. If I ignored that rule, she would probably replace Mister Miracle.
My next choices within the parameters would probably be Captain Marvel, Ted Kord, or one of the stretchy guys.
Wow! I really appreciate the thought you put into this. I agree Captain Atom is underrated.
Also, your delivery here had me rolling
Fact 1: you can’t have the justice league without the trinity.
Fact 2: you have to make it fun
Okay so I rounded it up to this
- Batman (Dick Grayson, because I want Bruce and Selina to live a happy life)
- Superman (I feel Clark would respect Dick Grayson as Batman)
- Wonder Woman (Diana Prince)
- Green Lantern (Jessica Cruz)
- Wally West Flash
- Green Arrow
Totally right about Clark. Catwoman would thank you for helping Bruce retire.
I grew up in the Bronze Age and read plenty of Silver Age comics. I am a bit of classicist then! My ideal Justice League would then be Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Martian Manhunter, Black Canary, and Aquaman. Not only is each and every one an iconic character, but I think they make for a well balanced team as well.
Jl vs Fatal Five
And rrvised team
My New Team
Mr Terrific Leader Comic Book version
Donna Troy second TV version
Metamorpho Young Justice
Cyborg no Mother Box New Teen Titan comic
Jessica Cruz Animated video version
Raven animated video version
GeoForce comic book version
Damien Animated video versipn
Ms Martian Animated video version
Alright, here’s the dream team
- John Constantine
- Jay Garrick flash
- Dr fate
Dark Justice League. So much brooding.
Final Version of Tesm?
Diverse grnder race
Green in.three ways
Powers None Mid High
JL vs Fatal 5
New Teen Titans
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War
Mr Terrific Leader
Cyborg no mother box
My dream League is going to be a mix of people!
A little back story the original hero’s are lost to time and its time for new heroes to fill the boots of those that has gone before.
1)Nightwing not Batman but as good as the Dark Night
Superman either Kon El or John Kent not wanting to fill the boots of the Greatest hero ever.
The Flash (Red Wally West) stepping back into the JLA
Wonder Woman (Cassie) Never wanted the responsibility but steps up to it
5 ) Green Lantern (Kyle) The Dreamer keeps the light shining
Miss Martin gives them the unexpected power
Hawkman and Hawkgirl gives them voice of experience and the how to use the rage of what is lost!
Aquaman the last original leaguer left and wants revenge
I really like the way you chose your lineup. They’d make an awesome League.
I’m a traditionalist so I’ll stick with the original “magnificent seven” and add a few to live up to the concept of a “league”:
The Martian Manhunter
The Red Tornado
The Elongated Man
Green Lantern (John Stewart)
and The Phantom Stranger
My Justice League
The Flash(Barry Allen)
Green Lantern(Hal Jordan)
Green Lantern(John Stewart)
The Justice League has so many characters and factions that I couldn’t bare to pick just a small number of them. I’ve sorta come to the conclusion that the Justice League is best with a HUGE roster. DC just needs to figure out how to utilize it. It makes more sense (to me at least) to have the founders - the constant members (Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, and Green Lantern) be the JLA while the rest are formed into other factions lead by other characters that would act as liaisons to them. Then the Justice League title could then be a revolving door of characters from all over the League’s different factions. But for my team and something I would love to see is all the faction leaders on a mission together.
- Wonder Woman has to lead the JL Alpha Team. Batman lies and keeps secrets and Superman just wants to talk everybody down instead of knocking them tf out. Wonder Woman has been made the ideal and standard of being a hero that inspires everyone else and perfectly balances mercy and compassion with battle, and she leads an army of Amazons so with that and her character she’s a better leader than Batman ever will be.
2) Black Lightning leading the JL Beta Team. This team would be the original second squad to the League consisting of the first additions outside of the main six.
3) Zatanna would be the leader of JL Dark instead of Constantine because he isn’t a team player and would rather do his own thing but still tolerates the team anyways.
4) Captain Atom leading JL International as a United Nations charter faction of the League. This team would be the public facing arm of the League.
5) Stargirl leading the JL United Task Force as a covert faction of the League. An idea that Batman started to combat the Suicide Squad consisting of new and young heroes and reforming villains/criminals looking to do good. Like a developmental brand for the League.
6) Nightwing would lead the Titans faction. This was a hard one to add cuz I prefer them to be separate but I also always kinda wished that once the OG’s stepped aside they would take over. And I also heard that DC is planning on bringing back the Titans to work out of the League so…
7) Big Barda leading a factions of New Gods. I didn’t feel it right to give the team that name since they’re a race of people rather than a moniker. But you get it.
And maybe Mr. Terrific too as the leader of the Terrifics but IDK about him or that team so I decided to just stick with these 7 like the OG team.
I would put Green Lantern as the Justice League’s leader. He is creative, calm under pressure, has the take charge attitude, and is used to taking on galactic level threats.