Who's your fantasy cast for a future DC movie or series?

Everybody has that one actor in mind who would NAIL their favorite superhero role of they were to get the part. Who are some of your top picks? Let’s get weird!

2 Likes

I’m not too familiar with Booster Gold, but the way the rest of the heroes don’t really take him seriously, I could totally see Sean William Scott in that role. If not, maybe someone else with a likeable loser vibe, like maybe Ashton Kutcher or Paul Rudd.

2 Likes

Thomas Jane as Jonah Hex would be epic as long as it’s done like True Grit

3 Likes

Charlie Hunnam would be a pretty awesome Green Arrow

3 Likes

I might be in the minority but I would love to see Tom Cruise as Hal Jordan /Green Lantern

2 Likes

I could see it, mostly because of Top Gun. He could even pull of an older lantern passing the torch to John Stewart or one of the more recent GL’s.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt would’ve been a badass Nightwing if Nolan didn’t mess that third movie up.

1 Like

Eva Green as Catwoman.

3 Likes

Neil Patrick Harris as the Riddler. I’d pay to see that.

7 Likes

Not an original idea, but I’ve been saying it for years now… Idris Elba as John Stewart. I will bang this drum until an official GL cast is announced.

+1 for the NPH Riddler

And is Joseph Gordon-Levitt still doing Sandman?

4 Likes

…and I just searched. No, he is not. Bummer.

1 Like

A Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton as older Bruce Wayne and Adam Driver as Terry McGuiness!

7 Likes

I know Jensen Ackles already played the animated Red Hood, but he would nail it live action too. Hell, he could play Batman if he wanted to. Maybe even Arsenal.

5 Likes

The first one that comes to mind is Kelsey Grammer as the Ultra Humanite or Mr. Mind. It’s a toss up between them, but I think he would do an incredible in either of those roles.
Also, I know a lot of people wanted to see Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor, including me, but there’s another villain I realized he would be equally qualified for and could potentially blow out of the water, Vandal Savage. Seeing him as the ruthless immortal dictator slowly working his way towards world domination would be great. Alternatively, I think he could do an equally great job as another one of my favorite characters, Sinestro. Honestly, he might actually do better at Sinestro than Savage, but I could see him blowing either role out of the water.
On a weirder note, there is another favorite character of mine who tends to get a lot less love from other people who the only voice actor I could see playing the character would also potentially be a great live action version of, depending on the look they choose to go with. The character and actor I’m referring to is Mr. Mxyzptlk played by Gilbert Gottfried. If they go with the bald version with the purple suit, he would be a visual fit for the character. As far as voice and personality, I honestly couldn’t imagine anyone else doing justice to the character. When he shows up in the comics, I can only read him in his voice and I couldn’t imagine him not shouting every word he speaks.

5 Likes

Peter Capaldi as Dr Fate

2 Likes

Midnighter and Apollo with Luke MacFarland and Matt Bomer respecfully.

3 Likes

Young Jon Hamm as Batman, and I know I’m probably alone in this, but I think Michael B. Jordan would be an amazing Jason Todd.

1 Like

Jason Mantzoukas as Mr. Mxyzptlk would also really work for me. And that’s a great post, El.Barto

1 Like

A Neill Blomkamp directed Martian Manhunter film. I don’t care who he casts, I just really want to see what he would do with it.

4 Likes

I really never think about “dream” movie casting ever. But two that pop into my head sometimes are Batgirl and Zatanna. So I came up with Saoirse Ronan as Babs, and Dakota Johnson as Zatanna.

1 Like