Who Would Win? The Enchantress vs. Doctor Fate

Welcome to the community.

3 Likes

I would honestly put Madame Xanadu on the same level as Doctor strange in my headcannon, but that statement alone might cause a argument about Doctor Fate being his equivalent in the comments. :laughing:

2 Likes

Madame Xanadu has no active powers, so you can’t really compare her to a magic user like Stephen Strange (which I’m not that familiar with comic book wise, but based on the JLA/Avengers cross over I’m assuming he’s very comparable to Fate - and I wouldn’t say MX is comparable to Nabu’s power levels, much less ability or knowledge.

I think the idea that she’s Morgan Le Fey is interesting but I’m not really aware that DC really did much with that, in the way they did with Timothy Hunter being ‘the’ Merlin, even if that wasn’t also explored much - but if you accept that Merlin is THE magic user among humans and the Magi genus, it makes all the other Timothy Hunter stuff more coherent and explicable. And I think the DCAU did more interesting things with the Morgana character, even where they made her far too OP and her brat is just annoying and excessively whiny.

2 Likes

There is simply no way that any relatively simple sorceress can stand up to and defeat a Lord of Order. The Spectre or The Phantom Stranger maybe but not the Enchantress.

4 Likes

Welcome back to the community @thundermax! :cloud_with_lightning: I’m also in favor of Doctor Fate for this match-up. Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

3 Likes

Thanks for that!

3 Likes

It’s not just his Helmet, He could imprison her in his Amulet & his cloak of Destiny : Chiefly, the Cloak of Desinty is a powerful vestement considered both fireproof and able to resistance and even suppress various strong forms of magic such as those possessed by the Lords of Chaos.
The circular device that adorns the livery collar worn around Doctor Fate’s chest and shoulders is the Amulet of Anubis, which gives anyone who wears it vast magical abilities:

• Pocket Universe: The amulet contains a pocket universe separate from the normal universe.
    • House of Souls: The amulet has also been shown to house the souls of many who have worn the vestments of Fate.[3]
  • Eldritch Blast: Create a mystic beam.[4]
  • Obscure: Render the user undetectable to magical detection.[1]
  • Divine Empowerment: The amulet can enhance the user’s sorcery.[1]
  • Protection Spells: The amulet also contains a level of protection on it, disallowing others from stealing the artifact while used by Doctor Fate.
  • Telepathic Resistance: The Amulet protects the wearer from spiritual/mental intrusions.
4 Likes

I thought of this, too. That he has a lot of other relics & artifacts. Trust me, I am a Dr. Fate fan and I would prefer him to win. However, the majority of his power comes from the helmet. Yes, I know he can entrap her with the amulet and the cape can stop magic. However the Enchantress has similar stuff and spells to protect her and entrap Dr. Fate as well, so it’s a stalemate. So it really does come down to who removes or gets the others main artifact. So they’re not at 100% ! Nice try though, good observation and idea. I do give you credit for thinking !

3 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Jack_OLantern! :jack_o_lantern: Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything.

3 Likes