Who Would Win? The Enchantress vs. Doctor Fate

If The Mod Squad needs some help with WildStorm vs. ideas, I know someone. :superman_hv_4:

There’s a club you should shine your ring on, because soon (one day, max) it will be posting some very authoritative stuff you might like. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ll have to keep an eye out for that!
One of the earliest comic-related memories I have is reading a WildC.A.T.s novel I got from the library, so I’ve always been interested in Wildstorm.

4 Likes

Hero of Oa, that warms my Kryptonian heart. :hugs:

My earliest memory of WS is watching the WildC.A.T.S TV series, Saturday mornings on CBS in 1994.

3 Likes

I Think Dr. Fate Would Win!
Although the Enchantress Vs. Dr. Fate Is A Very Interesting Match Up!
It Would Be A Great Battle!

They, D.C. Comics, Would Make A Great Animated Movie!
Another Great Match Up Would Be Dr. Fate Vs. Lord Satanis!
Also Superman Vs. Lord Satanis!

Dr. Fate Vs. The Devil!
Teamed Up with John Constantine!
Great Animated Action Packed Animated Movies!

Wonder Woman Vs. the Witch Circe Would Make A Great Animated Movie!
Still Enchantress Vs. Dr. Fate Would Be A Great Battle!
Two of the Most Powerful People In the D.C. Universe!

2 Likes

Personally, I think Enchantress would win, because she’s a witch, and she does dark and black magic. That kind of magic is really powerful and she could take your soul or manipulate you, Doctor Fate has light magic which is not strong enough as dark magic

It’s my opinion so please don’t hate :grin:

3 Likes

Mister freeze is insane

3 Likes

Doctor fate as he seems capable of channeling far more powerful magical energies as a lord of order.

2 Likes

We need Dr. Fate to get his own Movie as well as Zatana & Constantine. We need Justice Leauge Dark. Etrigan & Deadman & Black Orchid.

4 Likes

Glad to see the Justice League dark project by J.J Abrams fell through because the movie or tv show was too familiar to the new 52 for me.

2 Likes

Welcome back to the community @Lantern69! I completely agree - one can never have too much Justice League Dark. :heart_eyes:

Please don’t hesitate to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :fireworks:

2 Likes

I’d say enchantress because they both are omnipotent beings and enchantress has more durability in raw talking dr fate uses armor and he uses his nabu helm to amp him to

3 Likes

Going by injustice 2 logic

Enchantress got the best agility with her energy attacks being more versatile than Fate. Her hex abilities make her a danger to be near in a mid range combat as she can drain your soul from you to heal herself up and put curse spells that misdirect people in a battle.

1 Like

Doctor Fate is a Lord of Order and Enchantress is just a magic chaos spirit who needs a host right? :00_lc_green_lantern_jade:
:coin:

3 Likes

Enchantress can defeat a Doctor Fate, but the helmet is just gonna find someone new and keep coming at her. When you’re fighting Doctor Fate, you’re really fighting Nabu. Dispose of one wearer, he’s use another. Then another. Then another, and on and on.

4 Likes

Welcome to the Community, @christinesmithcartoonist.82904, it’s great to have you here! You make a really good point. I feel like beings like Nabu would be really hard to put down for good. Please let one of us moderators know if there is ever anything we can do to help you!

3 Likes

Dr. Fate he throws way harder gang signs.

2 Likes

I think it’s doctor fate, but it also depends on which Doctor Fate

3 Likes

The problem with someone like Milligan writing that arc where Enchantress gets to solo Bruce, Diana and Clark, or anyone else writing her as being more OP than any other magic user in the DCU is how this is variable from writer to writer or even title to title. In that same run, once Lemire is also writing Justice League Dark, they introduce the New 52 version of Timothy Hunter and while he’s not the same as the Books of Magic version, my personal take is that DC’s version of Harry Potter isn’t simply the chosen one, and not simply a version of Merlin, but also a version comparable to the Merlin of the 2008 BBC/Shine series - in other words, not truly human but a living being of pure magic simply given the form of a human child/man.

@Vroom @Green.Lantern This is another complicated issue, because Zatanna is sometimes not that much of a heavy hitter and then she is. Even in Dini’s series, some people who probably shouldn’t have been able to PWN her, did so. DC needs to be consistent on what magic is in their universe, since they established that humanity has the Magi genus but then also having all these other magical and quasi magical beings just on Earth (Atlanteans, fairies - in Vertigo and possibly with the Sheeda in Seven Soliders, people from places like Gem World being easily able to exercise magic on Planet Earth, etc.) - it over-complicates something that shouldn’t be. And this falls on DC’s editorial side, IMHO, and its something DC is just continuing to create problems with in giving new powers to people like Enchantress or making Zatanna more OP in every new iteration.

Another problem I have is (a) people considering Reality Warping to be the top tier of ‘magic;’ (b) writers and end consumers considering Reality Warping to be ‘magic;’ and (c) Reality Warping being a thing for an excessive number of characters generally, in any kind of medium, but especially comics books, and seriously - in DC; but most of all, (d) Reality Warping/Reality Alteration.

I am fine with illusion casting.

And being able to change matter, as Firestorm does, or to make constructs from say ‘will’ as the Lanterns do, or being able to change fundamental molecules, albeit not every single molecule, and probably not down to the base level (e.g. turn nothing to into something at the absolute subatomic level so you can will say a humanoid being into existence from literally nothing).

But these things aren’t magic.

I voted for Doctor Fate but I’m not a huge fan of ‘versus’ battles, generally, but I do think it’s fun to have discussions about the nature of certain elements or aspects (e.g. magic) within the DCU.

3 Likes

Oh that makes me mad so much.
Zatanna is always either extremely powerful to be equivalent to dr. Strange, Scarlet witch or neither yet dc comics can’t decide on what.
It’s actually funny because in any era it reaches a peak before it drops back again, so expect DC to forget she harbors the upside-down man in her to reset her power level again.

Enchantress, Dr. Fate, Madame Xanadu, Raven, and even Spectre are consistent to me. Zatanna is not.

2 Likes

I’m not fond of New Teen Titans so I won’t even pretend to be knowledgeable enough to intelligent comment on Raven, other than from what I do know, she has some powers that exceed what else she presents. I would agree with you on MX. I don’t consider the Spectre to be a magical entity. I take with essentially what Gaimen and Pratchett did in Good Omens, the angels and fallen angel versions of demons can perform miracles - it’s not magic. The Presence isn’t magic. In fact, the presence is probably the only being in reality who should truly be able to manipulate reality.

But all that era of stuff isn’t magic. Which is where I disagree with what Kirby wanted to do with the Fourth World and what others want to do with some of the pantheons in DC.

But that’s accepting DC’s cosmology that puts the Presence at the top. I’m agnostic, personally.

3 Likes