Who Would Win? The Enchantress vs. Doctor Fate

Welcome to our speculative stadium, where legends duke it out and winner takes all! All what? No one knows! We’re just here to have fun!

Today is the first day of June, which makes it an appropriate time for a fight featuring probably the most powerful June of all-The Enchantress vs. Doctor Fate! If these two magical powerhouses were to start slinging spells at each other, who would reign supreme? Let us know who you think it would be and why, below!

• The Enchantress
  • Doctor Fate

0 voters

12 Likes

Fate. His order can contain her chaos.

7 Likes

Lord of Order, hands down.

6 Likes

I pick Doctor Fate cause he got a cool outfit with a cool helmet and is being played by James Bond!:smiley:

7 Likes

Doctor Fate, though I think it’d be a great battle to witness.

doctor-fate-power (1)

8 Likes

As a Enchantress fan, I can say that her biggest weaknesses is being a plot device for pretty much any possible solution to a problem because she is a incredible sorceress, and yet somehow writers have a funny tendency to take her out pretty early on in a battle because of it.

What must be understand of Enchantress though is that despite her flaws, she is easily the most powerful sorceress in the world.

Without a pure of heart host like June Moone holding her back, her raw power allows her to cause absolute chaos and sometimes rewriting reality itself.

With all respect to commentors, unless Doctor Fate got all the lords of order backing him up, he will not be able to stand against the witch.

4 Likes

I like both characters a ton, with Doctor Fate being a childhood favorite.

However, the toy geek in me sees it this way:

Number of Doctor Fate action figures made by Kenner: 1

Number of Enchantress figures made by Kenner: 0

While Kenner certainly should have made Dr. Fate in their STAS line, and most certainly should have found a home for June (Total Justice or JLA each would have sufficed), history records that the greatest DC toy line of all time, Kenner’s Super Powers Collection, did include the Master of the Mystic Arts in its second series, so…Fate for the win.

7 Likes

Screenshot 2022-06-06 at 07-38-14 doctor fate first appearance - Google Search

9 Likes

One cannot defeat one’s Fate.

5 Likes

I went with Doctor Fate because I have loved the character since childhood, but I have to admit any battle between the two would be hard to call!

5 Likes

While Enchantress has powers of reality manipulation/alteration, Dr Fate has a lot of magic resistance, can counteract spells, create dimensions, and more… I feel like Fate would have to take this one. Though, of course, Enchantress would give him a run for his money.

6 Likes

Thats how I feel too.

The way I see it, Enchantress is raw power, powerful than most magic users, but she lacks the physical and or mystical resistance Doctor Fate has.

6 Likes

Absolutely. Fate is more versatile imo and that might be what helps him win that fight.

6 Likes

Depends on who would get who’s artifact first, enchantresses heart or doctor fates helmet. Since I had to choose I chose the enchantress as she does not have to have her heart with her she can have it hidden somewhere else where Dr. fate has to be wearing his helmet.

4 Likes

“No fate but what we make.”

…said by someone who, like Dr. Fate, also had a figure produced by Kenner.

5 Likes

I feel like these heavily magical fights are probably the hardest to predict, which makes me happy to see people supporting both sides here. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Should the mods discuss it, I’d be down for a Zatanna vs. Enchantress match-up.

5 Likes

That would definitely be a fun one!

5 Likes

You guys and gals need to get some WildStorm vs. stuff on the docket too, please. :wink:

4 Likes

That’s a really good idea! I don’t remember WildStorm as much as I should. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes