Who Would Win? Poison Ivy vs. Swamp Thing

Maybe a tropical island in the middle of the Swamp.

3 Likes

:joy:

6 Likes

I think a Poison Ivy/Swamp Thing book, TV series or movie could be awesome. They are essentially fighting for the same thing but go about it slightly differently and that conflict of which style best accomplishes their goal would be fascinating. I can already see the scene where Poison Ivy tells Swamp Thing that he’s no better than her and in fact he’s worse because he lets his humanity get in the way of doing what has to be done.

That said, I’m going with Poison Ivy. I know that both control plants but I feel like since Swamp Thing is a plant there’s a chance Poison Ivy might be able to control him, even if just a part of him, and that would give her the advantage.

8 Likes

Thats almost exactly how I imagined this “fight”! In my version, they pick up a couple coconut lavender lattes and go for a stroll, instead… and they gossip about Woodrue at least once. :green_heart:

@FelixLeiter :point_up_2:This would be a perfect plot for a story. Also agree they should have a mini, at the very least. Seems like a no-brainer. :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

Reminds me of who would win; Professor Stein or Jefferson Jackson/Ronnie Raymond/Jason Rusch? They are flip sides of the same powerful being we have yet to see! Mother Gaia anyone?

8 Likes

Ivy has definitely become more powerful over the recent years while, I think, swamp thing has actually gotten weaker. Didn’t he use to be the avatar of life and control other elements?
Anyway, I still think Swamp thing would win.
In terms of raw power he is stronger being the avatar while she just has a connection and he has more experience fighting others with a similar power set to himself.

7 Likes

I am 100% biased when I say Poison Ivy!

11 Likes

How is Ivy losing??

:ivy_kiss:

8 Likes

She’s not able to influence female voters perhaps.

5 Likes

Because she’s a woman and gets no respect. :pleading_face: Yeah, I said it, sad but true.

7 Likes

Has there ever been an instance in which Poison Ivy tried to control Swamp Thing before? If she has, then technically she would have an advantage right? But objectively I think Swamp Thing is too strong and is literally Earth, so I think he wins completely!

4 Likes

Harley hasn’t started voting yet. :boom:

7 Likes

8 Likes

I think you just won your case sir… i forgot ivy doesn’t like to harm plant life lmao. ok now I’m changing my vote to him.

6 Likes

Swamp Thang without hesitation.

6 Likes

I am going to go with Swampy, although there was that 1 episode of justice league action were she did take control of him, and made him fight the justice league,

unless I am remembering the ep wrong, i feel like Ivy did some pretty dirty prep work and had Harley Helping her pull it off.

My vote is for Swampy.

4 Likes

I get the impression a lot of people are thinking the same way as I am with this match-up. I’m not entirely if these two would fight, but if they did it would be worth watching. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think we should do what this poll is asking… let them fight… in INJUSTICE 2!

Seriously, the only way that I can even picture plant power verses plant power is to see how it would look on the battlefield. While it’s obvious that the winner may vary based on the player and how they play to win, the game play and move set would be worth analyzing.

Anyway, back to debating, I suppose.

4 Likes

Agree, @TheWifeOfJasonTodd I’ll settle this myself! :sunglasses:They’re actually both (and :00_wonder_woman_gold:) my primary characters.

8 Likes

Didn’t they fight already? In the Batman and Harley Quinn movie. Watch it and you’ll see who wins :slight_smile: U guys will be surprised. :grin:

5 Likes