Who Would Win? Poison Ivy vs. Swamp Thing

I personally prefer Swamp Thing and think he’s more powerful.

BUT…

Poison Ivy controls plant life.
Swamp Thing is plant life.
Poison Ivy controls Swamp Thing.

Ding! Ding! Winner by Knockout!

9 Likes

That would be the fight right there as far as plant life goes but I still feel as though Poison Ivy has the upper hand being as though she has a far greater skill at manipulation, seduction and chemical properties from the plants. Granted those chemical affects wouldn’t affect Swamp thing because I believe he’s immune to them. But she will be able to manipulate people to fight for her (As she sort of does with bane on Batman Forever I believe) which will cause Swamp to focus on them there by weakening his hold over the plants long enough for Poison Ivy to gain the upper hand to defeat him.

6 Likes

Remember it’s called Mother Nature not Father nature lol.

9 Likes

I think it’s funny you ask that @Jurisdiction, it seems right out of your thread “Who Would Win?” :wink:

And it’s Swampy by the way… :laughing:

4 Likes

Poison ivy VS Swamp? Im pretty sure poison ivy would win that since she can control plants right? And hes made of swampy plant life.

8 Likes

Ya’ll keep pointing out that Swampy’s made of plants, and she can control them, but Swamp Thing is a keeper of “The Green.” As is Ivy, so they cancel each other out. And, it’s sentient, powerful, so it could over come her control. Cause, while looking like the physical manifestation of a “Man,” as Alan Moore has shown us, it isn’t one.

7 Likes

exactly!

3 Likes

Sounds good but I’m sticking with Poison Ivy because her power or abilities I should say aren’t just limited to plant life or nature’s physical manipulation. She uses the chemical properties to intoxicate, poison and entrance people as well so when Swampy isn’t in Swampy form she can still manipulate him so to speak. With that being said I feel as though Poison Ivy has a stronger connection to the plants as well being as though she doesn’t just manipulate the physicality of the plant she’s like Bruce Banner and He’s the Hulk. Physically the Hulk would win hands down no debating but when Bruce uses his intellect he’s able to control him and neutralize his brute strength.

6 Likes

but she also advocates for nature. Swamp Thing is basically a living representation of nature, so i doubt Ivy would try to hurt him. Therefore, Swamp Thing would win.

3 Likes

Yeah but he’s not a villain so he wouldn’t hurt her either in theory lol.

5 Likes

he would if she did/was framed for doing something bad to nature. He never looks for evidence. Plus she puts plants in danger by using them in fights…

4 Likes

Exactly “he doesn’t look for evidence” so his intelligence as Swampy isn’t as high as Poison Ivy so that’s her advantage.

6 Likes

thats true

5 Likes

I know this is like a “if they WERE to fight” kinda question, but I can’t picture them being anything other than allies. Poison Ivy worships (in her own way) The Green, which I guess Swamp Thing kind of… is? So I feel like they’d just be pals :]

HOWEVER if there were some sort of ‘blargh evil mind control’ action in play to pit them against each other, ST would probably win, because even though Ivy can control plant life, he IS the plant life. I dunno! I’d have to think about it more lol

4 Likes

Hey has @Alec.Holland weighed in, they might have some insights, though they could be a bit prejudiced.

7 Likes

Swamp Thing wins. Ivy works to manipulate the green, Swamp Thing is one with the Green. His control of the green out wills her. To me its like asking who is more powerful a Green Lantern or a Guardian.

4 Likes

I think it’s a very tough matchup and, due to both party’s affiliation with The Green, I’m not sure that anything would happen. Very much a stalemate!

8 Likes

A very diplomatic answer. Probably true as well.

4 Likes

They both attempt to stare each other down for a minute, then go off and get a smoothie together.

6 Likes

More like go off and disappear into the swamp together :wink: Although Poison Ivy doesn’t strike me as someone who would love swamps… she seems more of a forest kinda gal.

4 Likes