Who Would Win? Huntress vs. Harley Quinn

Really, really disagree. I don’t think they are the same person, because their motivation is so strongly different.

4 Likes

No, he is not superman because he is a human born when the earth’s sun turned red in sted of coming from krypton. also, his name is spelled differently Kal-L instead of Kal-El. so yes they are different characters

3 Likes

The original Superman of Earth-Two is also spelled Kal-L. That would mean that every other mainstream continuity Superman isn’t real, because they use the altered spelling.

2 Likes

Actually, Superman’s father’s name has always been Jor-El revealed in Superman #61. superman Kryptonian name was not actually revealed until the silver age. Before that, he had always been Clark Kent. Earth two was not created until The story The flash of two worlds in 1961.

3 Likes

How did this get from talking about who would win to Superman?

4 Likes

Because Clark is awesome.

3 Likes

Huntress (Helena Bertinelli) all the way. I gotta root for my fellow paisan :joy:

3 Likes

That story is set on Earth-One. After the multiverse was invented, the pre-existing Superman stories were divided into Earths-One and -Two.

2 Likes

Superman #61 date 1949 Silver age starts 1956 so no that would be a late golden age story.

It turned into a conversation about the multiverse and whether Helena Bertinelli and Helena Wayne (both also known as The Huntress) are the same people they are not…superman was being used as an example for some reason based on spelling…I think.

3 Likes
  1. As I said, the Silver Age and Golden Age do not inherently determine the continuity. After the multiverse was invented, pre-existing stories released as early as 1945 were retconned to being set on Earth-One if they contradicted Earth-Two stories.

I brought up Superman because I was arguing about whether genetics matters. I pointed out that Superman of Earth-30 is still Superman even though he’s not Kryptonian. You argued that he isn’t and besides, his name is spelled different. I pointed out that “Kal-L” was the original. You argued that “Kal-El” was used in the late Golden Age. I argued that that story was retconned to Earth-One. Then I posted this, and now I’ve caught up to real time.

2 Likes

Also, Helena Wayne and Helena Bertenelli are still the same person.

3 Likes

I disagree

6 Likes

5 Likes

Because? Merely asserting something that other people have offered reasons why it is incorrect is unlikely to be convincing.

4 Likes

I don’t think I understand your question.

2 Likes

Why do you think Helena Bertinelli is the same person as Helena Wayne?

4 Likes

For a complete history
Of the various
Huntress

See

3 Likes

After Death Metal

Helena Wayne is
The daughter of
Bruce Wayne and
Selina Kyle
In the Future
In Batman Catwoman Title
As Batwoman

Helena Bertinelli
Is the current Huntress
In the Batman Titles

3 Likes

Because every difference between the two of them has also been made to characters from continuity to continuity. So, going over the arguments:

Her name - After Flashpoint, Catwoman’s real name was changed to Selina Calabrese. After DC Universe: Rebirth, Selina Kyle was restored.

Her parentage - Babs was Jim Gordon’s niece who he adopted pre-Flashpoint, and his biological daughter post-Flashpoint. Diana was molded from clay pre-Flashpoint and is the daughter of Zeus post-Flashpoint.

Her height - Damian shrunk twice as much following Flashpoint.

Her race - Well, the Black Helena Bertenelli is still the same person as her white selves from New Earth, Birds of Prey, Earth-1 (Arrowverse), etc., etc…

Her age - Literally the entire JLA has has their birthdays inched forward since the 1950s, while the JSA aged normally.

Her motivation - Pretty much every character has had an alternate origin story and/or a reality where their alignment was flipped.

2 Likes

huh?

3 Likes