Who Should Write Batman?

Tom King is leaving the main Batman book at issue #85, to finish his story in a limited series. We don’t know who the next writer is yet… but who do you think it might be? Who do you think it SHOULD be?

1 Like

Christopher Priest

Peter Tomasi

James Tynion

Bill Williamson

Benjamin Percy

Geoff Johns

Jeff Lemire

Any of these would make me happy

2 Likes

Joshua Williamson not Bill. Heh

1 Like

I’d go with Gail Simone – the few times she’s written him in other titles, she’s shown to have a good handle on him, plus I’m sure DC could use it as good publicity of “first woman writer on Batman.”

1 Like

Tom Taylor. It is time for him to get a major title.

I enjoyed his Earth 2 issues very much and i think he also did a Batman annual.

I dont read Injustice but i think he is a major reason for its popularity.

1 Like

If Tomasi’s in for the long haul on 'Tec, I’d say him. He could create nifty interweaving storylines via the two books.

Have 'Tec come out at the beginning of the month, then two weeks later Batman hits, then two weeks later when the next month begins (five week months would be dealt with as need be) we get the next issue of Detective.

That keeps a monthly schedule for each intact, plus the readers don’t need to wait a month for each part in the story. We’d get Tomasi Batman 2x a month with each part coming from each title.

It’d be akin to The Triangle Era of Superman approach, but with one writer and two books.

2 Likes

To clarify: “Tomasi Batman 2x a month” being two Tomasi penned Batman stories a month (one from 'Tec, one from Batman). Not two issues of the Batman title per month.

1 Like

There are some (unconfirmed) rumors that Warren Ellis is being prepped for it. No idea if they’re true, but I kind of hope they are.

2 Likes

@Jay_Kay: I would kill for a Gail Simone Batman run.

Alright, that’s an exaggeration. Probably. Like, I’m maybe 60% certain that’s an exaggeration.

Depends on who I have to kill.

I’d like to see Ellis on a traditional DC book, so if that happens I’m in.

Maybe Tomasi would gravitate to Batman then?

Geez, for want of that edit button…

I ultimately meant to say that if Warren Ellis went onto Detective, then Batman could go to Tomasi. Conversely, Batman would be a good fit for Ellis too.

Gail Simone would be fantastic. Yes, please. Let’s do that.

1 Like

I would be totally into an Ellis run too.

1 Like

Really loved Simone’s Birds run. A consistently good read. Like to see what she could do with Bats

Like the creative team of Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang. They did a great job with Wonder Woman in the New 52. Would be cool to see what they can do with Batman.

2 Likes

Robert Venditti would be my choice

1 Like

Robert Venditti
Geoff Johns
Peter Tomasi

1 Like

I want to put Tom Taylor and everything that comes up, but I’d much rather see him on Batman/Superman. With that, I’m not the biggest fan of Joshua Williamson’s Flash, but enjoy him more when he has Batman work with Barry in the crossovers. So if I could move Joshua Williamson to Batman so Tom Taylor could do Batman/Superman, I would… jeez, that was a convoluted answer.

James Tynion IV or Warren Ellis would be my dream picks.

Though I don’t like it, I’m pretty sure Bendis will be taking over. This is because he got to write a story in Detective Comics #1000. It’s also possible that Bendis takes over Detective and Tynion moves over to Batman.