Who’s Your Favorite Character You’d Consider to Be “Obscure”?

Cameron Chase. Agent of the D.E.O. Love her and her (tragically) short-lived comic from the ‘90s.

9 Likes

I don’t think anyone has said Kid Devil/Red Devil. He was in Teen Titans awhile back and briefly in Heroes in Crisis but he hasn’t been around too much. Also, Row Harper/Bluebird. She’s newer but I still love her character and want more of her.

14 Likes

Etrigan!

21 Likes

I personally consider the ‘86 series of blue beetle to be obscure. He is basically batman: but not dark. Or brooding.

11 Likes

Heck yes i did!

5 Likes

I never would have guessed that you liked Bluebird! :wink:

P.S. She’s great, and I want more of her too.

9 Likes

Ooh, good choice.

4 Likes

I just read the “Bug” miniseries by Allred. Really dig it. Would Forager count? The character on YJ is NOT even the same.

7 Likes

I would have to go with Ambush Bug most definitely. He is a very funny, and comedic character and breaks the fourth wall a lot like Deadpool. He is also what I would consider to be obscure to the public.
Also, a fan of the various obscure green lanterns and other lanterns in other corps like Glomulus, Gnort, Hannu, Turryt, Isamot Kol, Warp Wrap, Arkillo, Munk.

8 Likes

You should read the Outsiders. Vol #3. She’s awesome in that & it’s a great read.

2 Likes

Ok, so I know members of the Batfamily can’t really be “obscure”, but Batwing is a favorite of mine. David Zavimbe is the more obscure version of the character, and I really enjoyed reading his New 52 title which followed an interesting plotline about the trauma that child soldiers face. Luke Fox is also great, just the less obscure one of the two.

13 Likes

Cough Cough spoiler cough cough

8 Likes

@Thebatman.7002 Spoiler isn’t really that obscure though- she had a 24 issue solo as batgirl back in 2011 and has a fairly large fanbase online. She may not be appearing in many comics, but she’s definitely well known

7 Likes

This is true, there are so many GLs that picking an obscure isn’t actually that difficult. :smiley:

7 Likes

I always forget she was batgirl lol

3 Likes

—breaks into song—

You’ve got a friend in me…

3 Likes

Well she’s still around at least…
This is from today’s Superman #earth-4321

8 Likes

I really liked Guardian growing up. Don’t see him much these days

7 Likes

Animal Man is my jam. I wish someone would either start a new series of comics or do a show based on the various runs that have been done. Grant Morrison’s take on the character from the 80s is one my favorites ever, and I think that’s a good starting point for a wacky tv show.

7 Likes

Gasp! Spoiler tag!

2 Likes