Who is the smartest person in the DCU?

Michael Holt (Mister Terrific) is widely accepted as the world’s third smartest man, but who are the first two? Is that ever established or expanded on?

10 Likes

Doomsday Clock established Lex Luthor is #1 and Bruce Wayne is #2

2 Likes

I think its always been Luthor. Doomsday Clock just made it “official”.

I’d say Luthor, then Mr Terrific

My guess is that those listings only take present day DCU into account.

Brainiac-5 of the Legion of Superheroes is generally depicted as a 12-th level intellect. I don’t think any of those three are considered to be of that level.

All of this is of course prone to be revisioned by the Rebirth universe so there is a chance the top 3 mentioned is the new order, even considering the future. I doubt it though.

Condiment King

4 Likes

I read a list a while back that listed the top ten smartest men in the DCU. Lex was at the top, I thiiiiink Ray Palmer was number 2, Terrific was at 3 and Batman was all the way at 10.

1 Like

My honest opinion is Lex Luthor then Bruce Wayne is second - what are your views on this @whymannywahy?

2 Likes

I would say the smartest human is Lex Luthor and then a tie between Deathstroke and Batman.

2 Likes

Leaving out aliens and “cosmic” or “celestial” beings…gonna have to go with Lex Luthor. Genius who has crafted some of the best…and most evil schemes ive ever read lol. After that i would say Bruce Wayne because he always just “figures it out” lol. Not a great argument i know but you will all begin to see a theme with my arguments…Batman Batman and Batman. Did i mention Batman?

2 Likes

I think as far as like cosmic or celestial Metron would be my go to.

1 Like

For just humans I would have to say like Batman or Lex Luthor

2 Likes

2 Likes

Has to be

1. Lex Luthor
  2. Bruce Wayne
  3. Michael Holt
    -blurred line-
    Everyone whose a sueprhero
1 Like

That honor has to go to either Batman or Lex Luthor.

If we’re going to also include Watchmen, then Ozymandias.

Then Luthor and Batman.

Then Luthor and Batman.

Then Luthor and Batman.

1 Like

Then Luthor and Batman.