Who is the smartest person in the DCU?

I mean, it could be seen as a bit of a cheat, but wouldn’t Cyborg rank right up there? He is still a man born on earth and basically has a hard drive for a brain. He can basically jack into the internet and know everything about everything, construct his own cybernetic enhancements and maintains and runs most bases he operates out of whether that’s Titans Tower or The Watchtower.

1 Like

Cyborg, Brainiac, Luthor, Batman… smartest of them? Changes all the time

1 Like

I would say lex or cyborg. I feel lex is head and shoulders above Bruce in being smart. No to say that Bruce is really smart too.

Dumb / noob question here, but how come people are saying Lex Luther is smarter than Bruce Wayne? I always imagined Batman to be the third smartest person behind Cyborg and Brainiac.

I’d have to say either Batman, Luthor, Brainiac, Mr. Terrific, or Tim Drake. Thats top 5 smartest in DC imo. But theres so many its hard to even narrow it down to 5 lol

1 Like

Bruce Wayne

1 Like

Brainiac

A tie between Ambush Bug and Animal Man… because they are the only ones who know the truth… nothing in their world is real!

Look, awesome as Batman is, it’s Lex Luthor.

2 Likes

Well, “smart” has too many facets to it for there to be a definitive answer. Batman is strategically above most everyone. Lex Luthor is craftier than most everyone–especially now that he’s evil again. Cyborg has a supercomputer in his brain build on top of the most powerful alien technology technology, so he’s even better than Google, I guess.

However, the obvious answer is likely to be Brainiac. He creates systems of knowledge and power so vast, that he’s actually much more powerful than DC allows him to be because he’ll break the storytelling universe, so they give him limitations. For some reason, he does seem to acknowledge time travel. He’s a massive presence that roams the universe for many millenia to collect data to incorporate into his system. I would think he might also send different mechanisms of himself to different times to collect and control things. This opens up a can of worms though, and it would be hard to write a way out of this.

2 Likes

Lex is so smart he can cross the source wall get the Anti-Life equation. No doubt, in my opinion is Lex the smartest.

1 Like

Not in any order
Lex Luthor
Amanda Waller
Mister Terrific
Bruce Wayne

1 Like

I’d have to say in no order
Brainic
Lex Luthor
Batman
Cyborg
Simon
The thinker

1 Like

Darkseid

Amanda Waller is pretty smart. In ranking:
Mister Terrific
Lex
Cyborg
Batman
Barry Allen
Amanda Waller

1 Like

Bruce Wayne and Lex Luthor

1 Like

We’re forgetting that Sups is smart as well.

1 Like

Atom

What do you quantify as the smartest, what are you asking for specifically. The DCU is full of smart people. Even the Joker is quite brilliant.

Dr Manhattan