Which Robin Makes The Best Batman Sidekick?

Each of Batman’s proteges are well rounded in the skills he taught them, but each of them are naturally gifted at one thing in particular. For example, Dick Grayson is a master acrobat, Tim Drake has an IQ that is the closest, if not not higher, than Batman’s. Thoughts?

I think Damien Wayne is the best

3 Likes

Probably Damien.

1 Like

I mean, it’s gotta’ be Dick Grayson. He’s the only one that’s got the right mentality to take up the Cowl. Damien and Jason would just kill way too many people, and while Tim Drake would be the better detective, he’d probably end up eating someone at some point. Don’t get me wrong, I like Damien and Jason more than Grayson, but they’re serial killers.

Definitely Dick. Jason is a borderline criminal, and Damien would slip back to being an assassin like his mother were it not for Bruce’s intervention. Tim is a close second due to lacking those major faults and being the superior detective; but Dick’s circus background, longer tenure as Robin, and his success as a masked vigilante in his own right make Dick the obvious choice.

I want an in depth, intelligent debate as to which Robin translates into the best Batman. Based on several categories. Fighting style, tactical mindset, mental toughness, degree of training, stubbornness, leadership qualities, etc. In my opinion Tim Drake would be the best Batman because I believe he is the most intelligent and level headed of all Robin’s. He’s also had the unique advantage of watching Dicks and Jason’s successes and failures, thus being able to mold his own approach based of those lessons.

9 Likes

Tim Drake

4 Likes

I loved Dick as Batman with Damian as his Robin! That said, I think Dick being Nightwing is important, so assuming the Bat mantle would pass once the younger Robins grow up a bit more, then Tim would likely be a great Batman.

5 Likes

Jason Todd

2 Likes

Dick seems the best choice to me, but as @c02goddess.16092 mentioned, we need Nightwing.
So, yes. I vote Tim Drake, as well!

5 Likes

Damian.

1 Like

I’m going to cop out and change the rules for my benefit. All of them (Dick, Damian, Tim, and Jason) would make the best Batman for their particular situation.

Dick handles the jobs that require people skills
Tim is detective Batman
Jason is beatem up Batman
Damian learns from all 3 until he is big enough physically to do the job himself.

3 Likes

@DarkeJeff I like that answer. It would be interesting to see I comic series that takes the best parts of all of them and blend them into one single badass Batman.

2 Likes

Dick Grayson the 1st sidekick of any character he’s been doing it the longest and not like Damien Tim or even Jason he knows that pain that Bruce carries better than any1 else because he also had his world shattered before his eyes deep down he knows what needs to be done to be Batman which is why he’s hesitant to put the cowl on… Dick will be gone forever there will only be Batman. just my opinion I love comics

7 Likes

Oooohhhh… I don’t know that’s hard… U would want to say Dick Grayson, but Tim is also a good answer. Dick of course because he was the first, he was taught by Batman, and even became Batman when they thought he died. However, dick has expressed multiple times his resentment for Bruce, so it’s not likely he would wear the mask for long. Damian and Jason are both assassins, taught by Ra’s al gul, to be strong, invincible, and mentally unbreakable. This is a problem because they aren’t very good in a team, and they have an instinct to kill. So it seems like Tim Drake would be the right choice, however he was tortured by the joker, and in Batman beyond he BECAME the joker. So I vote Dick Grayson.

3 Likes

I’m going to have to say Tim drake. Not only is he nearly as great of a detective but hes never wronged batman in anyway the only reason hes not robin is because batman faked his death and sold everyone on it except Tim so he had to become something new “red robin”. Dick left because he hated being in Bruce’s shadow and hated being treated as less than or like a child. Jason died then was brought back and trained by assassins then tried to kill Bruce and continues to kill criminals which is totally against batsy’s golden rule. And then there’s damian who is constantly on the edge trying to hold back from killing or from “crossing the line” where that isn’t an issue for Tim. So I think the mantle of the bat should be Tim’s.

4 Likes

Grayson doesn’t want to be Batman or I’d pick him. Damian is mentally similar to Bats, plus shares a bloodline with Bats, Talia, & Ra’s. I think I’d go Damian, unless Grayson wanted the mantle & responsibility.

3 Likes

Damian

Definitely Tim Drake.

4 Likes

Tim Drake or Carrie Kelly

1 Like