Which DC city would you live in?

After reading today’s solicits and seeing that once again “Gotham City will never be the same” I was thinking (not for the first time) how chaotic it must be to live there.
Where would you live? No strict rules but it should be a city, somewhere at least used/mentioned in the DCU, and doesn’t have to be one of the fictional cities.
I’m in Boston now and even though Wonder Woman has had her moments wrecking it, and Orm flooded it, I think I would stay.
Gotham would be stressful and manner of death probably excessively painful, Superman would keep Metropolis safe but the threats are bigger and more destructive, and Central City gets destroyed more than any other city in comics except Marvel’s NYC.

1 Like

Detroit. I mean, that’s where the Justice League is based, right?

1 Like

Coast City. Nothing bad ever happens to Coast City.

6 Likes

In Gotham life would be interesting, so I guess I choose Gotham.

2 Likes

Gotham is my choice as well. Live on the edge, why not?

1 Like

Oa or on mogo

2 Likes

I’m kind of a boring dude…so whatever the DC equivalent is of the straight up American suburbia I live in. I bet Metropolis has suburbs; could take the occasional trip for the opportunity to get a glimpse of the Man of Steel, like these folks:

3 Likes

Opal city, Starman is a hero you can buy a :beers: for, the bad guys occasionally do a good thing, and Shade has enough cool that I could leech some of it to make me cool.

5 Likes

Great idea for a topic, @SWhite! I’ve thought about this question a lot. In spite of its potential struggles, I would love to live in Gotham for the chance to meet up with The Batman.

4 Likes

Gotham of course! Because I want to get punched by batman.

and because I recently realized that cake next to your name means it’s your birthday, @moro happy birthday!

5 Likes

I think I would go with London. Not as much going down outside of the United States.

2 Likes

Thank you @seitan :slightly_smiling_face:.

Awesome catch, @seitan!

Have a very happy birthday, @Moro! :cupcake:

1 Like

@ZatannaAndHerSpells Thank you :pray:

1 Like

I choose Keystone. It’s far enough away from the coast not to get flooded once a week and it has low get-invaded-by-aliens ratio. Plus it has a capable hero who keeps homicide rates down.

(and Happy Birthday @moro!)

(Edit: It’s not my Birthday too for the record)

1 Like

Nice coincidence @TheBatgirlofNML :slightly_smiling_face:. Happy Birthday and thanks for that video!

Let’s blow out some candles together!

3 Likes

Umm… you might want to re-read the footnote… sorry to confuse. Won’t say no to the cake though!

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Sorry…didn’t read the “not”. Doing this while walking around Walmart.

Eh, it must have been your birthday at some point in the last year, so happy belated :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Coast City its always bright and less dark there. And it is well-protected and monitored by the Green Lanterns. When one or few of them leave to go off world- there is always at least 2 or 1 of them that is within city limits ready to defend the people.

2 Likes

Opal City, hands down. There’s Bobo, Shade, the O’Dares, Hamilton Drew, and all the cool shops and colorful neighborhoods.

3 Likes