Which Batman Villains that Need a Live-Action Film Debut?

Yeah I agree. I don’t mind when movies change up the source material a little bit because that way you still have a bit of a wow factor but in that movie I didn’t like that they made riddler seem like some C list villain.

4 Likes

Bookbinder

He only appears in Let Them Live!: Tales of the DC Vault

3 Likes

I loved him but the writers used his character too much for me

4 Likes

Man-Bat. Would make for some good action, and the juxtaposition of the two would be fun.

Court of Owls & Talon could make for a good mix of mystery and action.

5 Likes

I agree but I think it should be in a movie with a high budget (and not too much CGI) so it doesn’t end up being Green Lantern 2.0 lol

4 Likes

Interesting point @Jurisdiction! I never noticed just how much his character was leveraged to drive the stories until you pointed it out. For me, that means that he did an even more amazing job with the part since there was the risk of overuse equalling viewer fatigue. I liked that a lot of the situations were emanating from Arkham, as it’s always been an interesting place to explore in the comics.

P. S. @Mongul.The.Elder, I look forward to Gotham your review!

4 Likes

Fantastic casting idea here @superby1. :+1:

8 Likes

Thank you! It’s one of those things where you think about and you’re like “Hmmm…that would be interesting!”

5 Likes

Definitely! I would love to see Lazlo Valentin in the DCEU. I could also think of a few ways where they wouldn’t have to make it a mature movie.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed his side quest in Batman Arkham Knight. If they can pull it off in a video game, then I can only imagine what live action would be like. I also think it would fit well in a movie with the same feel Matt Reeves is establishing with The Batman. I think a darker atmosphere would make it fit in more.

3 Likes

I think that you can make it simple with a low budget by using realistic prosthetics and costumes, along with maybe another villain like Scarecrow (inspiration from the cancelled Batman: DarKnight movie) where he turns Langstrom into the Man-Bat.

2 Likes

I think the Red Hood would look good in live action. He looked very good in the book Death in the Family and I believe that a live action version would be able to get a good combination of both comic loyal parts and realistic parts.

5 Likes

You should watch Titans then. Amazing portrayal of Red Hood.

3 Likes

I will look into it, thanks for the suggestion.

4 Likes

anytime

3 Likes

He’s in the Titans Live Action show for Season 3 now, but I think a live action film is something we still need, or simply want.

3 Likes

Welcome to the community, @nathanlecates104.16292! I definitely recommend you take a look at Titans for a great live-action Jason Todd / Red Hood portrayal as others have already suggested. It would be fantastic to see him in a movie though. :ttns_gif_jason2:

Please feel free to let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

4 Likes

I was just about to comment Man-Bat. I think it would cool if it was like a Jackel and Hyde horror movie situation but with Man-Bat. Having Bruce use his detective skills to find the monster. Then use his ass kicking skills to bring him down.

3 Likes

I would love to have in a movie with Red Hood as the main bad guy, it shows him of course coming around and Batman soon figure out he is the 2nd Robin Jason Todd that died and it becomes a personal mission to help Jason because of his troubles and fears.

3 Likes

It’s funny. I keep thinking about Clayface…the original Clayface Basil Karlo. There’s something interesting about a former actor using a former character he played as his persona. It’s kind of a middle ground between the grounded crime stories and the fantastic. It’s a thought.

4 Likes