Which Batman Villains that Need a Live-Action Film Debut?

That he would.

5 Likes

I’ve always liked Hugo Strange. Do one where he finds the identity of Batman and makes his whole life fall apart around him to break the man before going for the Bat.

Or a live action Hush. Its probably my favorite story line from Batman. I liked the animated movie but I would like a more true to the source live action.

7 Likes

I’ve always wanted to see The Ventriloquist played by John Lithgow. As he gets older, he looks more and more like Arnold Wesker.

6 Likes

I would at least love some physical threats to Batman like Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy, and the Court of Owls that would also fit in a detective thriller as well. Court of Owls and Man-Bat serve both of those things for me both.

4 Likes

I like Hush, but I prefer to have Hugo Strange, where he puts Batman’s identity on auction for many villains, which would add some action and intrigue, and yes, that’s from the Strange Apparitions storyline from the Bronze Age.

4 Likes

I would love to see the villain, but I prefer Mark Hamill in the role, being both great in live action and animation, and would fit both a tough gangster that’s a doll, and a weak old man taking orders from the puppet.

4 Likes

I’ll just leave this here:

9 Likes

Cool topic, @BatmanFan2007! There are so many baddies waiting “in the wings” and our DCU Community has a wild imagination. Tons of interesting combinations and potential storylines!

Personally, I’d love to see the MerryMaker and Metamorpho (non-CGI - so important).

Fantastic suggestions, @raider_dave66 - we need more Deathstroke!!!

@Mongul.The.Elder, what did you think of Gotham’s Hugo Strange? That actor is phenomenal and I really enjoyed his unique take on the character.

@superby1 - John Lithgow is an absolutely genius idea for Scarface and The Ventriloquist! :clap:I love it!

4 Likes

I actually never watched Gotham I didn’t have cable forever and now I have streaming just haven’t started it.

4 Likes

Gotham was on FOX

3 Likes

I just need Mark Hammill to have concept art of him as the Ventriloquist. Still prefer him anyways. But John Lithgow would still be good.

5 Likes

Hugo strange as that way we could have all the rouges (and one redeemed rouge) from batman number 1 in a live-action film.

5 Likes

dey do live action hush it better end better then the last hush movie.

5 Likes

I would do a proper Mr Freeze, where the puns don’t feel forced and are subtle. Definitely a Firefly as a secondary villain.

4 Likes

These are about unused villain, but Mr. Freeze should get another chance, and Firefly is a great choice for a secondary villain. Penguin would also work since with Mr. Freeze the most for me.

3 Likes

As maybe the opening villain or one that pops up and distracts here and there Firefly would be perfect, keeps setting fires while Batman is trying to catch a bigger fish. I would love to see a movie where he uses more of the detection skills.

For fighting Lady Shiva or Lynx.

Seeing Batman against a cult or group like Deacon Blackfire’s or Kobra or Court Of Owls would be nice, each bringing something different. Kobra would be terrorism and chaos while Blackfire is a singular mission and Owls have a long history.

3 Likes

I love all those ideas, and the Mad Hatter could make a cult or group of Wonderland themed crooks as well for Batman to fight, with a subplot of him making drugs and spreading them all over Gotham.

Edit: I don’t know who Lynx is though. Can you explain to me?

4 Likes

Welcome to the community @Hmmadness.50846! I’d really love to see these two - Lynx would be a great excuse to bring in a live-action Tim Drake as well. :batparrot:

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything!

One version of Lynx is a high-ranking member of the Ghost Dragons gang and regularly clashed with Robin (Tim Drake), Huntress, Spoiler, and Batgirl (Cassandra Cain). She was also a mercenary and once teamed up with Batman to stop a child slavery ring.

A second version of Lynx has a very Batman/Catwoman-esque relationship with Robin (Tim Drake) and worked under Black Mask to take over Gotham with a few other villains. Possible spoilers: However, she also claims to be an undercover police officer.

4 Likes

Also given the last few years I believe Anarchy could make and interesting villain, have the people believe in him and take his side.

KGBeast would be a solid henchman, he has a big showing not long ago taking out Nightwing.

For another early on, in the violent darker vein Cornelius Stirk would be a good fit, Zzaz has been used quite a bit already.

For lighthearted I still want to see Neil Patrick Harris as a live action Music Meister.

5 Likes

I love the Anarky one a lot.

4 Likes