Which Batman Villains that Need a Live-Action Film Debut?

I have mentioned about this type of thing with Batman villains that haven’t gotten a live-action appearance at all yet in film, and how much I want to make films about the Batman, but I wanna talk about unused villains that could be used. Mainly about how they could fit in and if they could be a secondary villain, or the main one as well.

7 Likes

Have Maxi Zeus and Rupert Thorne made it to the live screen big or small?

6 Likes

Not sure how to put Maxie Zeus in a dark Batman story, with a man in a toga, but Rupert Thorne could be great.

6 Likes

Scarface, mad hatter, court of owls, deathstroke, etc. all potential main villains.

11 Likes

Clayface

12 Likes

A murder mystery with Clayface on a film set would be cool. I’m not the only one who thinks that since I seen pitches of that before by people. It’s a great idea you can use.

11 Likes

I don’t feel like Deathstroke. Not to say he’s bad, I just think that the other ones you mentioned are better to have. Mostly Mad Hatter and Court of Owls, just to let you know.

7 Likes

Professor Pig. Think about it, it would definitely creep out the poor general audience members who have yet to read a comic and would bring a little change to live action Batman. So many peeps who only watch Batman would be sitting there like, “w-when did Hannibal Lector get in here?” :rofl:

But seriously, the film would definitely need a more mature rating, and could even add a more detective mystery feel to it (maybe not for us comic readers, because, y’know, we know what’s happenin’, so its not much of a mystery for us), but I think it would be a good thing to use live action for.

(And, also, Jason Todd would be nice too, though it would need to be UTRH version in order to make him a villain. We’ll save his change of character for a spin-off)

11 Likes

Came here to say this- Pyg will make you perfect :pig::grin:

6 Likes

Why should the film be dark?

5 Likes

It’s Batman. Of course his adaptations are mainly dark and gritty, and that’s how I prefer them to be. Not edgy by the way. There’s a difference.

2 Likes

For me, not so much movies, but I want less mainstream villains to be used in shows as Big Bads, I’m tired of the same villains being used over and over.

4 Likes

If I was going to make a trilogy, I would mostly have it feature only one already used villain as the main villain, either the Scarecrow, or the Riddler would be the likely candidates for that.

2 Likes

Why though? We’ve seen them so many times. In Gotham, those two were big.

4 Likes

I think Rupert Thorne is a great idea. What I would like to see is a villain considered by some to be silly given the dark, serious treatment. Now Killer Moth appeared in the “Batgirl” promotional short for Batman '66, but I would like to see a darker, more serious interpretation of the character on the big screen.

3 Likes

Well, some need more on screen appearances, and while Riddler and Penguin are finally getting more live action versions in films since the 90’s, and Bane has gotten a cool performance by Tom Hardy in The Dark Knight Rises, like Scarecrow was a punk and didn’t pump out fear gas himself in Batman Begins, Mr. Freeze was a joke even with the more sympathetic story used, Poison Ivy is terrible as well in Batman & Robin as well, and Two-Face was goofy in Batman Forever and a second villain played by the Joker in The Dark Knight. That’s only scratching what I would say most of the barrel.

2 Likes

I would love to see Killer Moth along with Firefly and James Gordon Jr as main villains in a Batgirl film.

Killer Moth would be a fun and comedic rogue, and is the first villain Batgirl fight and the secondary villain.

Firefly would be the best friend of Killer Moth and will help him out and cause fires around Gotham.

James Gordon Jr would be the main villain where he is behind a string of murders and would be the most horrifying one.

3 Likes

Exactly, someone like James Gordon Jr., new villain, not the same ones over and over.

5 Likes

James Gordon Jr would make for a great villain for a detective thriller.

3 Likes

While I love it when Batman is being a detective, I think Man-Bat or Killer Croc would present Batman with a physical threat.

7 Likes