Where Can I Find My Favorite DC TV & Movies? Full List Here (WIP) 👇🏼

Actually 5 years after season finale so it means license for Arrow on Netflix will expire in 2025.

Same goes with Flash, Supergirl, Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow - those aren’t reach season finale so 5 years haven’t apply yet.

2 Likes

The New Batman Adventures is on HBO Max under Batman the Animated Series season 3

6 Likes

The Batman(2004 cartoon) is on Vudu, Amazon Prime, iTunes, YouTube, and Google Play Movies & TV: all places $1.99

3 Likes

I don’t know where you got this information from, but it does not match anything that I have been able to find regarding The CW ending its agreement with Netflix for all programming beyond the 2018-2019 television season.

2 Likes

The length term for existing series in CW-Netflix agreement isn’t disclosable to the public so expert had to assume based on previous TV series that left Netflix.

When exactly will Arrow be leaving? That’s still yet to be officially confirmed but we can look at the likes of The Tomorrow People and 90210 to make a good guess.

In the case of The Tomorrow People it was exactly five years after the series final season was added to Netflix.

Arrow season 8 was added to Netflix on February 5th, 2020.

If that’s the case for Arrow, we’ll be seeing Arrow leaving Netflix in February 2025 . That’s obviously a long time away so gives you plenty of wiggle room to watch Arrow many times over and catch the crossover events too such as the most recent Crisis on Infinite Earths event.

When will 'Arrow' Seasons 1-8 Leave Netflix? - What's on Netflix.

It means y’all are going stuck with Netflix for years unless you buy to own like iTunes, Vudu, Amazon, etc.

2 Likes

It may be unnessessary but it might be nice to have the links for the other sites listings to take you to their listing.

2 Likes

I don’t consider that site to be a reliable source because the article in question is incompatible with all known reporting on the end of The CW’s deal with Netflix and is based purely on supposition that is also incompatible with said reporting.

3 Likes

So you finally gave in and got HBO Max?

3 Likes

There’s no static shock

2 Likes

Really? I’m surprised you feel that way. I won’t go into all of the reasons the CW crossovers were AWESOME here.

Unless you’re referring specifically to the issue at hand here, that the shows get scattered around, making enjoyment more difficult. I suppose one answer could be be treat the crossovers as special events that are produced only when the respective shows are on hiatus. They would become their own self-contained movies or miniseries, and avoid a “CRISIS on Infinite Streaming Services”. That way, alumni of past series could reprise their characters, like Matt Ryan (Constantine) in Legends, which is kind of a DC crossover series all by itself.

Now where did I put that Dreamstone…

3 Likes

In what way?

2 Likes

The end of CW-Netflix deal only APPLIES to new TV series that produced after 2019-2020 like Batwoman but not existing TV series that started prior to 2019-2020, so it means Arrow, Flash, Black Lightning are staying with Netflix until original term expires, so based on previous TV series, it is usually 5 years after season finale unless Netflix voluntarily to end earlier or WB renegotiate the license to allow the stream in HBO Max and Netflix at same time like Disney did with Starz and Turner, prior to launch of Disney+.

Have you looked at first article’s date? This is compatible with recent CW agreement that don’t apply to existing series that already started before 2019-2020.

There is clear quote from other article.

Netflix’s agreement with The CW’s parent companies, Warner Bros. and CBS, ensured that CW series like Riverdale, Supernatural, The Flash, and Arrow automatically ended up on Netflix after a season’s initial run on network television. The deal was first signed in 2011 and re-upped in 2016, but the network doesn’t plan to renew it when the contract expires this spring, The Verge can confirm. That means new shows, such as Batwoman, Nancy Drew, and Riverdale spinoff Katy Keene won’t automatically end up on Netflix.

Still, many beloved CW series will remain on Netflix, according to the company. Netflix will continue to receive new seasons of shows that are already on the streaming service, like Riverdale, Flash, and Dynasty. Additionally, any CW shows that premiered through this most recent 2018 / 2019 season will remain on Netflix throughout their lifetime, meaning nothing is going to leave the service either.

If you think those aren’t enough so I don’t know how to help you, so admin (DC employee) on DC Universe forum need to step in to give an accurate answer, so big problem - whole story about CW-Netflix deal isn’t disclosable.

Arrow is currently available to stream on Netflix and there is no expiration date issued, also Arrow isn’t listed as leaving Netflix in January and February 2021.

2 Likes

You just repeated what I already cited.

However, that article, as well as the thing from that Netflix fansite, omits the following officially confirmed fact: Netflix only remains the streaming home for the CW television series that it already had in its catalog while said series are broadcasting new episodes.

Once a CW series that was already part of Netflix’s catalog finishes its broadcast run, either because of premature cancellation or because the network chooses or has chosen to bring it to an end, WarnerMedia is no longer contractually obligated to let Netflix retain the streaming rights to said series and is free to pull said series from Netflix’s catalog.

This has not yet happened, but the fact that it hasn’t happened does not mean that it won’t happen.

2 Likes

In second paragraph, one of article that I shared already mentioned your statement in slightly different phrases, also it isn’t my words, it is writer’s words.

In third paragraph, none of sources that I looked that support your statement. It is actually between CW network and Netflix who made a deal, not directly from Warner Bros. That affect CBS series like Dynasty as well. Netflix decided to make a deal with CW network instead of WB and CBS so made licenses more tricky and complicated.

After research, I decided to stand my statement separately and I wanted to help you to make aware of different sources, so you and I don’t agree, that why I decided to stand my statement separately. I don’t want other members to take too optimistic and think that Arrow will be on HBO Max sooner as example, but in reality, it hasn’t on HBO Max for 2 years after season finale so left them hopeless due to different statement.

When I joined DC Universe in 2018, I had seen a lot of members frustrated about lack of contents on DC Universe due to licensing agreement on other streaming services, so that why I don’t want to give a wrong information so I relied on expert that familiar with licensing issues.

2 Likes

Nothing about any of the factual statements I have made regarding the status of those CW series that are currently part of Netflix’s catalog gives the impression that any of said series that have completed their broadcast runs are absolutely going to be moved to other streaming platforms any time soon.

I have only striven to state the facts as they are and inform people that it is now possible for such a move to occur.

2 Likes

I’m planning to buy entire series of Arrow in near future.

Couple of series aired on CW and went to Netflix until expired in 5 years after season finale so it went to ads supported CW Seed. I’m concerned that Arrow could end up on CW Seed instead of HBO Max after term with Netflix expires. I absolutely hate ads.

Digital stores like iTunes, Amazon, Vudu put big sale on DC catalogs frequently so just check every Tuesday and Friday to see if contents are on sale.

2 Likes

Have they said if JL/TAS is going to HBOMAX?

3 Likes

Entire of TAS episodes are already on HBO Max.

Yes, JL will coming to HBO Max but don’t know about when will be available to stream.

2 Likes

Y’all seriously have ALOT of nerve. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I cancelled my membership ASAP. I was in the middle of watching the animated justice league series and the next day it’s gone without any real warning (I.E a mass email notifying your paying subscribers of the HUGE change.) This is just pure bad business. The content I want to watch is on “iTunes/YouTube/Google Play/Vudu/Amazon Prime” absolutely absurd. This makes me wanna cancel my HBO Max subscription too. Let’s not reward bad behavior. This is the type of stuff that causes mistrust between your demographic and the brand. Y’all knew y’all were gonna do this way ahead of time apparently which gave you ample time to pull all of the video content from here to HBO Max. Yet there’s a huge portion of content not on HBO Max (yet). Y’all need to come up with happy medium in the mean time.

5 Likes

Hi SerJeeOh, we are very sorry to see you go. Despite our best efforts to notify members starting last fall, it can happen even in the digital age that outreach does not reach our loyal members. It is our goal to maintain trust through ongoing communication via newsletter, social, and community, and I sincerely apologize that we have lost yours.

If you find yourself back in our neck of the woods in the future, please feel free to reach out to our Help Center or the @moderators to update your e-mail notification preferences.

8 Likes