Where Can I Find My Favorite DC TV & Movies? Full List Here (WIP) 👇🏼

Some terrible movies are humorously or fascinatingly bad like Secret of NIMH 2 or Batman and Robin.

1 Like

Batman '66 is a special case, since it was a 20th Century Fox product licensed from DC before DC bought Warner Bros. I believe that the rights to the series itself are now owned by Disney since they bought Fox Studios, but in general it’s a tangled legal thicket.

1 Like

Not understanding why properties owned by Warners have to be rotated out of a streaming service (HBO Max) also owned by Warners.

AT&T wants people to buy the Blu Ray

For less popular stuff
Having other streaming services
License their video
Is increased revenue

AT&T has 168 billion in debt
Partially by buying Warners Brothers
That is why all the firings and reduction in DC titles are occuring

2 Likes

This is why streaming is jokingly called “The Home of all Bad Movies.” They try to avoid putting the best stuff on so people will buy them on home media. Then they mostly put the second rate and lower stuff on streaming.

The best stuff are normally cult classics. They will be put on for a few months so the viewer experiences them and then buys it when it leaves the service.

2 Likes

I was surprised that this lasted as long as it did, as a streaming service. It was operated by people who cared about the content and the audience’s experience.
It was owned/ran by people with profit in my mind. Was the streaming making more than the cost of creating objectively interesting new programming? Probably (definitely) not enough so.
Arguably, the worst part is stuff like Superman TAS & Superfriends going behind a more expensive paywall (don’t get me started on how the Hanna Barbera stuff is handled by these profit-hungry clowns).

2 Likes

What paywall?

I think Batman '66 is owned by CBS

1 Like

Both are currently pay-to-own and not on a subscription streaming service according to up top. Hopefully that changes soon.

1 Like

VUDU is the only service that will include all extras for that series.
A nice time capsule of 66 through the years.

1 Like

Thats on itunes and perhaps more services to own (STO) .

1 Like

Thanks Q! On it as always.

1 Like

I feel old. I’d never watched an Arrowverse show until this year and 2012 doesn’t seem “vintage” to me.

I have Netflix hulu hbo max Disney plus cbs all access sling Amazon prime pbs passport Netflix dvd cancaling this signed up for tv not comics

3 Likes

It isn’t supposed to feel vintage

for those that don’t know Tubitv is Free and has

The Adventures of Batman (1968)

Adventures of Captain Marvel (1941)

Superman: The Complete Collection (1941)

Superman: The Lost Episodes (1941)

The Return of Swamp Thing

Superman (Ruby/Spears) (1988)

LEGO DC Super Heroes: Batman Be-Leaguered

11 Likes

Aquaman TV Pilot is available on iTunes for $2 - ‎Aquaman on iTunes

4 Likes

Actually Batman '66 is owned by 20th Century (under Disney).

Warner Bros would have to buy those out but they didn’t for unknown reason.

2 Likes

I really wish more of the “less loved” stuff (Superboy, etc) was going to HBO Max. I loved having easy access to some of the vintage/more cult shows.

4 Likes

Huh, I thought it was CBS. WB might be too embaressed by the series

1 Like