What's Your Favorite Nods to the Comics or Superman Mythology in SyFy's Krypton?

Mine is definitely the reveal that Nyssa is Superman’s grandmother and it was her idea that her and Seg’s son be an El, not a Vex.

3 Likes

The first reveal of Doomsday had me jump out of my seat.

3 Likes

Colin Salmon’s “KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!” at the end of season 1. One of the best ever.

5 Likes

I need to rewatch this show, it’s been a little while an I feel like I’ve forgotten everything. I liked that Booster was in it! That was pretty fun!

2 Likes

That was a fantastic moment.

1 Like

When Seg names the baby Jor-El and you hear a bit of the Superman theme.

4 Likes

Call me sentimental, but the cape. It was a visual cue that made me hopeful for what is to come.

2 Likes

Booster Gold?

I can’t believe a villain’s catchphrase is a favorite of us fans, ha!

1 Like

You mean Adam Strange, though to be fair- his personality was very close to Booster Golds.

1 Like

Doomsday! Definitely Doomsday. His reveal in season one then the rampage in season 2. I also loved all the Apacalypse references and were season 3 was headed. Finally let’s be fair that was definitely Booster Gold that someone decided to change to Adam Strange at the last minute. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hell yeah. I’d also add every Brainiac and Lobo scene. They were so well done. God I wish they’d give us a season 3…

2 Likes

Could always try the # approach it worked for releasethesnydercut

Oh dang really? Wow I really do need to watch it again!!!

1 Like

Did you like the sort of Smallville route they went? Where Doomsday was just a good guy turned into a monster?

I would’ve only wanted a Season 3 if they put Seg and Nyssa together, finally. Because it felt like they ignored this romantic pairing and pretended it never happened.

1 Like

Lobo freaking rocked! Brainiac would’ve raised Jor-El, such a scary thought.

2 Likes

They never really say where the ancient Kryptonian subject came from so I never had a problem with him being a good guy.

I think that’s one of the things they were building towards with the hunt for their son.

Smallville’s Doomsday was actually interesting. He was the son of Zod and Faora and had other monstrous elements combined with his DNA. In theory it could’ve been bad but Sam Witwer sold the hell out of it.