What's New on DCUI: October 2021

Just noticed that I also am not seeing Justice League #59, which was supposed to have been released on the 16th. Anyone else getting that?

1 Like

I’ve reported this to the team for you, Knight! Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just checked — 79 series read

1 Like

Is this a thing you can check on DCUI or do it manually? Lol

Check here for Justice League #59 @KnightOS! :+1:

As someone who kinjda got out of the loop for a bit in comics i am loving being back on this service. So much catching up to do and new stories to start on. Worth every penny for sure.

1 Like

Checked What? Is there a counter on here or you just know? I have no clue how many “series” I have read. What do you mean series? Like Volumes? Whole Run? Arc? Self contained stories like Elsewheres? Like all of Detective Comics start to finish or “RedSon”?
Keep reading, but I still recommended print. Even if it’s TP’s. There is something amazing about holding it in your hand!

1 Like

No. I put all the series I read on the 2021 reading challenge thread

1 Like

Right here

2 Likes

cool. Lot’s of good reads. Just as an example, Sandman 1-8 isn’t a series, it’s Just “Nocturnes and Preludes”. The Sandman original “Series” is 75 issues. I’m not really sure how that reading challenged worked. Does DCUniverse call the books it has up a series?

I see, it does, It writes Series to explain comics that are in series, one after another, usually an Arc. Sorry for being a know it all. Keep it up.

2 Likes

It’s fine lol. Thanks

It does. However, if we are using The Sandman as an example, if/when additional books are added, the same series page that has issues 1-8 (aka Nocturnes and Preludes) would be found on that same page. So I wouldn’t categorize it as an arc as there are many arcs in individual series.

2 Likes

Im sorry, I don’t follow? are you saying that Preludes and Nocturnes isn’t an arc? When new comics are added, a new arc in that series would start. DC uploads sequentially, and they start and end Story Arc with the Issues they post. Sandman 1-8 is up. I don’t think they would put up 1 - 5 and call it a “Series”, then post 6-8 a couple months later.
I don’t follow fully, I agree that Series are made up of many Arcs, but TP’s are specifically packaged as arcs in sequential Volumes. They may contain points of a Larger Arc but the base story is told start middle and end. When you have all the TP Volumes, which contain MANY Arcs you have the whole Series. The Same Character could then star in a New Series , with different writers, who may revisit past Arcs in New ways creating New Arcs for the New Series. At least this is how I’ve looked at it. I am wrong 98% of the time.
I think your saying, On the Site Specifically, the word Series is used as a Header to put the comics it has uploaded under. But it doesn’t claim it’s the Whole Series. So I suppose if this is really worth this much insight, one should say, I have read all the comics in the series that DC has uploaded, not I have read X-amount of series. But that’s what DC has online and if the computer is the sole outlet for reading comics, it’s the way the site is worded that is confusing.
Sorry to ramble, none of this is remotely important. Just semantics and its
so Super Rad to have This Place to read just so many amazing things no matter what they call it!!!

1 Like

This is exactly what I am saying. I agree that the first 8 issues of Sandman is an arc and a TPB. If/when we get issue 9 and beyond, that would be found in the same series.

Now if we were to look at Superman, Batman, or Wonder Woman. Under one series we will often find many different writers and artists. There are multiple volumes of these characters. Instead of saying vol.1 or vol. 2 on DCUI these are presented like this Action Comics (1938-1986).

I agree! I often feel like a kid in a candy store with an unlimited budget when I am browsing the library here.

1 Like

Yeah, I got to take 100% responsibilty for this as it is just Semantics. “Series” is just a Header for DCUI. I’m Clear. I gotcha.

1 Like

Anyone figure out who the woman sitting next to Acrata in the back-up story of Superman #30 is? I’m not seeing any markers that positively identify her.

I’m getting an error message for Suicide Squad #2 past pg. 12 - anyone else?

Hey @mfairback.93405, welcome to the community! :partying_face: Thank you for the report - this is a known issue and our team is working on getting a fix pushed out as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Please let the moderator team know if you need anything! :batparrot:

Does anyone know a bunch of Text Commands?
Cause some HTML commands do fun stuff!

1 Like

how did you make your text red?