What's New on DCUI: November 2021

I realized that too after I posted. My bad. Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

Personally I don’t care if Jon and Tim are LGBT. I like the characters and I hope this attention will get us more good stories about them.

Also to be frank comics never focus on character relationships. Name 5 well known significant others. And you can’t name the one that died in the fridge.

5 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes

Ralph & Sue… Johnny Quick/Liberty Belle… Earth-2 Clark/Lois & Bruce Selina… Swampy/Abby… and…

2 Likes

Jay/Joan Garrick…Green Arrow/Black Canary (first two I thought of that you didn’t mention)

2 Likes

I actually thought Green Arrow/Black Canary lost something as characters when they ret-conned out their wedding & a relationship leading to the wedding. I also think DC has more stable relationships/marriages than a certain competitor.

3 Likes

I think the critical phrasing there is well-known. Casual comic fans know Lois Lane, Steve Trevor, and maybe Iris West. Non-comics fan pretty much only know Lois Lane (and if you’re talking not long-term relationships, Vicki Vale). We on this board know a lot, as we love comics. My wife is a casual comics fan. I’m constantly surprised at what she doesn’t know. That being said, I’m still heartened, even if it doesn’t last, to see representation of diverse relationships, as everyone needs representation. Them choosing to do so with character who are young enough to still be exploring and growing is even better.

4 Likes

So According to the release schedule, we’re missing two books today: Static: Season One #4 and Harley Quinn: The Animated Series #4. Everything else loaded okay for me, although the new Robin #1 wasn’t in the Latest Releases section.

2 Likes

Based on the current print release schedule, the next issue of Harley Quinn: The Animated Series is due on shelves (and thus in digital) next week. As to Static, although the card stock print version of the fourth issue is supposedly on the stands today, the regular print version is being delayed a week due to paper supply issues. So I’m guessing that the digital version is also being delayed until next week to meet the regular print version’s release.

2 Likes

As @carmen_elende.21026 mentioned, we’re in for a few months (possibly more :worried:) of delays due to a global paper supply shortage, port delays (Covid-related), and about a million other unavoidable issues that are keeping things from being published in the timeframe we initially aimed for. We’re doing our best, but things are very likely to continue to be delayed.

We’ll still keep an eye out and grab info where we can, so we appreciate your report nonetheless!

3 Likes

Understood. Just figure I’ll note discrepancies in order to make sure that someone’s aware. You folks are doing great and I really love and appreciate the service.

3 Likes

You can always use your subscription to just live in the past, I have a lot of fun with that.

5 Likes

wow. Frankly my head’s spinning from all this back and forth with these comic series now

2 Likes

Welcome to the community @thestephen.95227 :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

With the arrival last week of Blood Syndicate 17, the entire Worlds Collide crossover between Milestone and the Superman books has been made available… except for Worlds Collide #1. Can that be added to DCU Infinite soon?

Also, it would be great to add Xombi #0 and Shadow Cabinet #0, as they were part of the previous Milestone crossover, Shadow War.

4 Likes

Hi @terrific.whatzit, and thanks for requesting these! We have a special thread dedicated just to comic requests. You can find it here. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

100% right with the representation of diverse relationships! I also would like to see them honor the Legacy relationships better-- Lois & Clark are a great example. They may be a couple, but it also shows you don’t need constant conflict & keeping them apart to make things interesting.

On my podcast (where I cover comics available in a digital format) I try to balance between the long-term fans & newer fans. Be informative without putting the long-timers (like me!) asleep!

2 Likes

Maybe the paper shortage could be a gentle nudge to add a little more to the Archives! If we can’t get our ‘new comic’ fixes-- I’d settle for some Old Faves… I’ve a long Archive Wish List…

1 Like

I’m back on my bull**** lol

1 Like

I’ve gotta believe the full series will be added here whenever the Netflix show premieres. There’s precedent now, with other Vertigo series being added here when their prestige shows premiered. If it doesn’t get added then, I figure we’re never going to get it.

1 Like