Fans who would buy it at Local Comic Book Store
Because
Prefer physical copies
Are such
That it doesn’t
Affect sales there

Fans who use DCUI
As a ‘try before you buy’
Might buy physical copy or later trade edition as early as possible, increasing earliest cash flow to DC

So it only affects sales for

Fans that can afford high price of single issues so not waiting for Trade

Absolutely need to keep current

No strong preference for physical copy

I think
DCUI Subscription Fee
Outweighs
Loss of sales
For these people

DC has said
Physical copy buyers
And digital
Are separate audiences

So maybe
It only affects
Comixology sales
Not
Local Comic Book Stores

And it is a great way
For DC
TO get fans
Interested in current content

Even with the six month lag for most comics
These ‘free issues’
Might get fans interest
In

Current

Wonder Girl
Jon Kent as Superman
New Batman

As
Future State issues
Start to appear here

For example
I just downloaded
Future State Issues
That I bought at
Comixology
Involving
The new Wonder Girl

Because of
Wonder Girl 1
Coming out in May

New comic book series

Or even fan favorite writers or artists
Like new writer on Detective or Nightwing
Or even Justice League

Can push
Fans to buy these titles
Current and back issues

Because
Few issues to collect
For arc so far
So less money involved

4 Likes

Holy cow, WASTELAND???

What an incredible title–one which I never in a million years would’ve thought would be showing up here. Bravo!

5 Likes

Had to look Wasteland up, score one for HoH

7 Likes

That is a huge score for HoH! Now I am happy that when we were planning our year out that we left a free week in most months.

6 Likes

I never in a zillion years thought id be able to read WASTELAND digitally

4 Likes

what’s DC Nation Presents DC?

2 Likes

I got a couple issues WAAAAYYY in the back of the closet, somewhere. Ain’t life grand?

4 Likes

UdxFHgm

4 Likes

51VmUBb665L

Basically a Future State Guide Book

6 Likes

So… still no Losers Special #1, meaning the Crisis on Infinite Earths is still one issue away from being complete on DCUI. Ditto for Jack Kirby’s Fourth World finale The Hunger Dogs and Batman and the Outsiders Annual #2.

I swear, this is driving me crazy. Three legendary comic runs… all with one issue standing in the way of a complete reading experience. Is because you want us to buy the physical editions, DC?

4 Likes

I am first and foremost here for the “same day as print” and digital first releases. That’s what builds my excitement the most… So stoked especially for the return of Milestone – I love the modernizations worked in to the oneshot and can’t wait to dive in to the series proper.

Secondly, I’m here for the backissues I’ve missed, sold, or lost over the years. Love that we’re getting all of Sweet Tooth for the series launch, and keep building the Milestone back catalog. Plus Strange Adventures from ISSUE ONE! This bumps us to 10% complete, so I hope that’s the beginning of a sequential add trend!

And thirdly, all the stuff I didn’t grab in the six month rolling… guess it’s time to catch up on my Death Metal reading!

(I’ve got this one in print, but happy to see it added for those that missed it.)

6 Likes

I’ve got most, maybe all of them. They’re a wild ride. And I spoke with Mike Gold about the book at a convention a couple of years ago, and making the book sounded even wilder!

4 Likes

Wow we get Static same day it hits shelves thats big!!

7 Likes

The Endless Winter mini-series look very interesting, wonder if any cold villians will be in it. I’m definitely looking forward to reading it, starting with Justice League: Endless Winter #1. :cloud_with_snow::wind_face::snowflake::cold_face::snowflake:

7 Likes

Superman kinda,sorta returns to Transilvane with Dabny Donovan(!) in LEGENDS OF THE DC UNIVERSE #22,23!!!

4 Likes

Oh, yay. Another month of no bronze age Superman or Action Comics being added.
There aren’t even any silver age Action Comics or Batman comics being added, which was at least somewhat satisfying the past few months.
I get it. You’ll pass these comments along, and it will be the 18th month of nothing happening.

1 Like

2 issues of action comics are being added

1 Like

@RickTylerHourman

@Jurisdiction those are modern era Action Comics.
There are a lot of us here who have repeatedly requested Bronze Age issues.

1 Like