What's New on DCUI: June 2021

Dude, we are getting Wasteland!!! I am very excited for this one.

8 Likes

And you were worried House of Horror would run out of reading material. lol

3 Likes

What was I thinking?!

4 Likes

What am I most excited to read? The event I’ve been waiting on since December!

#EndlessWinterIsComing

• June 8th - Justice League: Endless Winter #1
  • June 15th - The Flash #767
  • June 15th - Superman: Endless Winter Special #1
  • June 22nd - Aquaman #66
  • June 22nd - Justice League #58
  • June 22nd - Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1
  • June 29th - Justice League Dark #29
  • June 29th - Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1

:00_captain_cold: :cold_face: :00_justice_league2: :00_teen_titans1: :00_flash1: :00_superman1:

Why have I been looking forward to this event for for six months now? Because Endless Winter leads into Future State which leads into Infinite Frontier which is the first relaunch I’ve ever been a part of while it happened and not years after the fact. So yeah, in most years June is the start of summer but this year, on DCUI, it’s the start of an Endless Winter!

Add in the complete run of ‘Sweet Tooth’, the seven issues from the archives per week and the same day as in stores releases of ‘Static: Season One #1’ and ‘Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #4 and #5’ and I believe we have the best month of new comics releases yet.

7 Likes

Endless Winter is excellent!!! I don’t really remember it leading directly into Future State as that was more of a Death Metal thing. I will say that Endless Winter is easily one of my favorite events in the past few years.

6 Likes

You are correct - the stories don’t lead into each other I mean more that when Endless Winter is over Future State will begin.

Speaking and thinking about Future State, what do my eyes spy on the list for June?

DC Nation Presents DC: Future State:+1:
:sparkles:
6/1/21

Oh my! Delicious!

Honestly - this is the most books I’ve had on my Reading List for any month in the over two years I’ve been a subscriber:

• Batman/Fortnite: Zero Point #4 & #5
  • Batman: Curse of the White Knight #2-3
  • DC Nation Presents DC Future State #1
  • Justice League: Endless Winter Special #1
  • Batman/Catwoman #1
  • Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Wonder Woman: War of the Gods #1
  • Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Crisis on Infinite Earths #1
  • Tales from the Dark Multiverse - Flashpoint #1
  • Static Season One #1
  • The Flash #767
  • Superman: Endless Winter Special #1
  • DC’s Very Merry Multiverse #1
  • Batman Black & White #1
  • Sweet Tooth: The Return #2
  • Aquaman #66
  • Justice League #58
  • Teen Titans: Endless Winter Special #1
  • Justice League Dark #29
  • Black Adam: Endless Winter Special #1

Those books, if I had bought them at my LCS, would have cost me $95.80 not including the tax. I literally just renewed my subscription to DCUI this week for $74.99. Even if all I read this year were those 21 books I would have gotten my money’s worth!

This place is a bargain and I’m a very happy subscriber. I can’t wait for June 1st to arrive for me to start reading all these goodies.

11 Likes

I’ve heard about Sweet Tooth. I’m excited to read it!

5 Likes

I just got done reading it (borrowed the books from the library) and I loved it. I think you’ll enjoy it and look forward to hearing what you think.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll let you know!

4 Likes

Jeff Lemire is a one-man tour de force weapon of comic book format destruction, in the good sense.

6 Likes

Looking forward to Wasteland since I used to have every issue, but they were lost during one of my many household moves. The variety of artists was a draw for me.

6 Likes

When I see there is not a new issue of Hawkman coming this month.

Disclaimer: I got over this a while back.

6 Likes

Ya’ll already know what I’m going to say, but it’s worth saying anyway.

I am looking forward to the 4 new Sensational Wonder Woman issues and I might check out that Sweet Tooth collection at some point.

Along with catching up on my New 52 Wonder Woman backlog, I also started the 12 issue Starfire run after watching her in the DCAMU. Starfire’s a real beauty as much on paper as in her silver screen adaptations.

I am glad we can celebrate all things community both now and in June. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I had kind of wondered about that.

And I had thought about “double-dipping”: reading it here for free with my membership, and buying it digitally on the DC Comics app. But I’ll just read it here.

Speaking of STATIC, and the artist on the series, Nikolas Draper-Ivey…

715C4146-A4D1-48CF-BB26-D0E093B84A9D_4_5005_c

I guess that Halle Berry Boomerang haircut will never go away. :relaxed:

Daisy Watkins does look cool, though.

6 Likes

I doubt we’ll see Who’s Who in Star Trek…

4 Likes

I just hope they continue on with Who’s Who Update '88 in July. I guess we’ll see.

5 Likes

All of sweet tooth, two issues of the last god, far sector all in the same month. I got to say, I wa s a bit disappointed with the last two months’ releases, but this month is absolutely perfect. Please keep it going, friends. I guess the next lowest hanging fruit is american vampire.

5 Likes

Who’s Who?, classic Strange Adventures and all of Sweet Tooth (which I’ve never read, but folks always recommend it to me) are all of interest, as is the new Milestone stuff and

peeks at list, once more

Oh yes, Wasteland! I’ve never heard of this, but it sounds very interesting.

4 Likes

His run on Justice League United just might be highlighted in the JLBC when the Sweet Tooth TV series debuts…

5 Likes

@KookieSuperApe Guess we will see!

@paulomarciano.17324 Wooooh :partying_face: I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your time using our service!

As always, everyone, keep telling us your thoughts and suggestions so we can make this service better for everyone :slight_smile: (yes, we’re always listening/reading)

5 Likes